cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sri Lanka?

Nichola_1808396
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Are there add ons I can buy when I go to Sri Lanka?

2 REPLIES 2

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

Hi @Nichola_1808396 . I tried to answer this on your previous post.

In case you did not see my reply, here it is again:

Unfortunately not. You can purchase and add-on, but that will simply act as credit to pay for any calls, texts etc; it won't allow you to use your normal plan without incurring extra charge. You will see from the price guide - https://cdn.smarty.co.uk/files/SMARTY-Price-Guide.pdf - that calls while roaming in Sri Lanka are pretty expensive. You may do better to find a wifi connection and see if it will support a WhatsApp call.

MrAye
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Nope, Tesco International Calling app can use your Smarty number when registered and you can send free texts internationally using your Smarty number when you have topped up (£3 minimum top up at a Tesco checkout, £5/10/20 online/app). Incoming texts will go to your usual message inbox as the Tesco Calling app sends texts with your (Smarty) registered number. 

It’s a great work around roaming for any network, data off and use Tesco app texting via wifi or a local sim hotspotting on another phone MiFi, or put your Smarty sim in a basic 3/4G phone and put a SL sim in your regular mobile.