cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMARTY SIM not working in Netgear Nighthawk M1 Router

El_Nido
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I've been using my SMARTY Data SIM in a Huawei E5577 mobile router for a while without any problems at all.  I have purchased a Netgear Nighthawk M1 - MR1100 - 100 LTE router and the SIM isn't working in it.

After inserting the SIM and powering up the Nighthawk M1, it recognises there's a SMARTY SIM inserted.  However, I cannot get online as the router says 'Roaming Data Disabled' and 'Mobile Broadband Disconnected.'

I have tried a Tesco Mobile (O2) SIM in the Nighthawk and that works perfectly; it immediately recognises the SIM, automatically populates the APN and works straight away.

I replaced the SMARTY SIM back into the Huawei E5577 router and it worked immediately, recognising the 3 network at 4G.

Please let me know what I need to do to get my SMARTY SIM working in the Nighthawk M1.    I know the router works as it works with an O2 SIM.  I know my SMARTY SIM is fine as it works in a different router.

Or is it just that SMARTY (3 UK) isn't compatible with this device, in which case I will have no option but to close down my SMARTY account.

Please let me know what I need to do.

Thanks,

Paul

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@El_Nido Could it be that you need to change the mobile data settings?

El_Nido
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Possibly, but I can't log in to the router using the Smarty SIM, so there's no way of changing the mobile data settings.  I did add the SMARTY APN settings when the O2 SIM was loaded and put the SMARTY SIM back in the Nighthawk, but it still says mobile broadband is disconnected and roaming data disabled.

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@El_Nido Can you not log in via the router's own web page using its default IP address?

JamieBr_1702101
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hi did you get this sorted as I am having same issue but need a laptop to configure my box

thanks