cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Netgear nighthawk M1

Darthnog
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hi Just activated my new unlimited sim. put it in my netgear nighthawk M1 mobile router. Unfortunatly it will only show when connected with an ethernet cable. I cannot get a wifi signal from the M1 to show in available networks on any device. I have changed the apn. Any help would be great as I am about to throw it out the window.

6 REPLIES 6

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@Darthnog What does the manual say? If you can  connect to it via cable, doesn't that suggest something wrong in settings or else wifi capability broken?

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Something else to note here, @Darthnog. The SMARTY terms state their unlimited data plans should not be used as a replacement for a landline broadband service. 

As @MSF suggested, if you can access the Internet via the ethernet port on the mobile router, it sounds like a the router's Wi-Fi network feature isn't working for some reason.

What do Netgear say? 

Thanks. I'm hoping to use it in my motorhome. No manual as bought used from Amazon. Have tried my wife's ee sim this morning, same problem. Think there can be no wifi capability as you say.  It's going back. Many thanks for your help. 

Darthnog
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I shall read it now. thank you.

I had a quick look at the manual. Your device does offer WiFi, but as itโ€™s not working with either a smarty or EE SIM card, I believe itโ€™s network locked to a certain network, obviously not EE or Three, which is Smartyโ€™s parent company.