Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renew existing SIM with a new plan

Richard_1983849
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi,

I have s Smarty SIM which has been inactive for a few months since I paused the plan.

I want to reactivate it with the unlimited data 1 month notice plan currently advertised for £20/mo.

But I am not offered it with the "renew" option, only a 12 month plan.

So to get what I want I would need to order a new SIM. If that's the best Smarty can do then I'll go to another provider.

Bit disappointing

7 REPLIES 7

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Perhaps your original plan was inactive / paused long enough for the SIM to be disconnected from the SMARTY network, @Richard_1983849?

If it was disconnected, you'd need to order a new SIM.

So why does it allow me to renew my existing SIM for £16/mo on a 12 month contract???!?

Sounds more like they want to screw over existing customers.

Even on the uSwitch website I can get a better deal from Smarty than through my account.

@Richard_1983849  Not sure where you are seeing a 12month contract. Smarty plans last for one month; if you get a special offer, then they usually remain available if you auto-renew for 15months.

Are you looking at something offered by a third party perhaps? I certainly don't think that they are trying to 'screw over" existing customers. We often see people here contacting Support Team in order to get a special offer that has been advertised - doesn't sound like anyone is being "screwed over" there.

Reading the terms and conditions available in the "Offer Details" window presented in the App are quite clear about the 12 month contract on the "offer".

Being an existing customer it even stays I am not eligible for the offer they are offering me.

Is it being offered to me so they can screw me over again by charging me more???

Seriously unimpressed 

@Richard_1983849 All very strange. I just took a look in my account page and it seems that all plans are on offer to me as an existing customer if I wished to change.

Have you raised this with Support team - they can access your account whereas we mere Community Forum members cannot.

Yeah @Richard_1983849, I too would be unimpressed if the SMARTY app offered me something I wasn't eligible to purchase.

Personally, I prefer the online dashboard at https://smarty.co.uk/dashboard.
When I've tried the SMARTY app, it hasn't impressed, nor seemed entirely reliable.

Perhaps another case of #LessSMARTY, #MoreMalarkey?

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey  Richard_1983849,

MSF Is right we do not offer 12 month plans all of our plans are on a 1 month rolling basis, you will like have seen how long the promotion runs for. If you still need assistance activating your SIM I recommend contacting our care team as they can provide account specific information https://smarty.co.uk/contact available daily from 8am – 8pm.