cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow internet

DeanJef_2206762
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I was with virgin then they merge or switch me to O2 and both these was kind of slow, lots of buffering watching videos. 

now I’ve tried this smarty out to see what this is like, I no they use three but this is the same to much buffering. 

at my house I’m getting max of 10mbps but just 2 mins drive down the road I’m getting over 100mbps it’s just I need better service at my house, wifi is also a bit crap (sky) and always used mobile date. 

my post code is S667HA and now thinking of trying EE 

18 REPLIES 18

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@DeanJef_2206762,

I've just checked the 3UK site for your postcode, and all seems to be ok, with 4G coverage being good.  This type of data may not be totally up to date.

What would be better would be using the "Mast data" app, which will provide you up-to-date signal strength at the time of use (for your SIM).  It would also give you data for other networks in your area and where the signal is strong or not.

It is always worth checking not only network coverage, but also the signal strength before making the leap to a different network.  It usually saves a lot of hassle, expense and disappointment.

Thanks but not even going to bother, I’ve just written a nice long message for it to come up with a box asking me to complete a survey and lost My message 🤦🏻‍♂️ I’m getting 0.38 Mbps and 0.05 Mbps 

@DeanJef_2206762,

Thanks for giving up on yourself.

I've taken the time to give good advice, it's no skin off my nose if you don't want to do things for yourself.

Good luck.

How I given up on myself 🙄 I’ve given up on smarty who use three, I’ve had three in the past and was ok but ok been at home but not at work.

In the end I came out of contract and three agreed on this because the service was not there but it was a 3 month process back and forth messages and phone calls but seems to have got worse over the years because now at home the service is a joke at best. 

I’ve got better things to be doing then chasing up slow internet you can’t even use, yes my postcode came up with good 4g but your good and my goods clearly totally different. 

0.38 and 0.05 speeds is dail up speeds not 4g

I’ve tried to get an app for mask data and nothings showing up on the App Store, nor a google search after 10-15 mins of looking I have given up. 

it’s also no skin of my nose I’m only posting here so others can see how iffy three network is, I can switch to EE because I’ve been speaking with my neighbour just this evening and he’s getting worse case 40 Mbps at home. 

So yeah if people have issues and move on then it will be skin off your nose, I only found smarty because it came up on Facebook feeds with good reviews. 

Your problem 👍

Not really 

IMG_1606.jpeg

 after more research smarty is not all that smart, cheapo prices pull people in and it’s cheap for a reason. 

anyways I’m out lasted a couple days just hope others don’t put up with slow speeds and call cutoffs yes I had a call disconnected this as never happened for years (three) again call drop outs 🙄

IMG_0644.png

Smarty isn’t “iffy” for everyone one though, it may well be iffy for you at home, but that doesn’t mean it’s “iffy” for everyone, you are making a sweeping assumption !

For me, it’s great, as you can see.

If you experienced trouble with Three in the past, I am surprised you switched to Three, the parent network of Smarty.

Whichever network you switch to, make sure you check out the coverage before hand, otherwise, you could experience a repeat of the issues which you currently are.

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@JJP2,

I'm getting similar download rates to you JJP, with upload speeds from 20 to low 30s Mbps, and I knew I'd get this sort of speed and good to excellent signal strength before I started with Smarty.

IMG_1591.png

 I had three 6 years ago you’d expected technology to be better in this time 

You cannot just “expect technology to be better”, onus is users to check and make sure the coverage you would get meets your requirements. 

At least with Smarty, it’s only a thirty day plan, so you can quickly switch. 

I've never had problems at home with all mobile suppliers, don't get why it's acceptable for it not to be right at home with smarty

@DeanJef_2206762  To be fair, if the device wasn't great for you on 3 network, it was never likely to be better on Smarty as it uses that network.

I think it's one of those things that proves a service is only good if it works for you. As you have seen, there are obviously a lot of people who either find speeds great or else are not especially bothered about speed of data as long as they can make and receive calls/texts. Sorry it hs not worked out for you.

I tried three some 6 years ago I’ve been with Tesco (02) and then virgin for the last 3 years who now use 02, virgin became a bit slow (to much buffering) and was going to switch, but then they merge with 02 and was worse so that’s when I tried smarty who use three. 

Worse thing is it’s nothing to do with signal because at my home I’ve been getting plus 10 Mbps this speed is fine, but 0.8 I’ve just got now is not fine.

it’s random and not consistent but for the most part I’m switching from wifi to mobile data just to load pages up, I don’t need massive speeds I just need pages to load and videos not to buffer. 

@DeanJef_2206762 ...and those pages won't download quickly over home wifi? The broadband must be really poor where you are then.

My broadband is great the router not so great, limited coverage in my house. 

this is why I after switch from wifi to mobile, but with smarty I’m pretty much on wifi at home. 

@DeanJef_2206762  If the broadband itself is great (you do not say how you measured it), would you not be better off investing in a new router or else a set of repeaters to strengthen the signal throughout the house?

tonychi_2539068
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have a Netgear nighthawk router. With Smarty sim I get a measly 5 mbps download speeds!! Just got an EE mobile router via BT and I get anything up to 70mbps!!!! Anyone know why this should be?

@tonychi_2539068 I have replied on your other post.