Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

not receiving sms in India

RashiAg_1240454
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

hi

i have international roaming activated on my UK sim but not able to receive sms in India

5 REPLIES 5

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@RashiAg_1240454  Excuse what may seem obvious........have you successfully connected the phone to an Indian network?

SajanVa_1198216
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hi, I am facing the same issue. I can make calls to Indian numbers, connect to mobile data, all this is possible while Roaming in India. But I am unable to receive SMS such as OTP from UK websites. I added out of plan add-on of ยฃ5 as well, yet the issue remains. Any help from the community is appreciated. Thanks.

@SajanVa_1198216  Have you checked whether the OTP comes from a standard format UK mobile number? If not, that may be the cause of failure.

I have just checked and most of the OTP messages I receive do not show a standard UK mobile number.

I believe it's free to receive an SMS while you're roaming with your SMARTY SIM card @SajanVa_1198216

It's possible UK organisations aren't using your mobile number in the +447 format, or perhaps application to mobile device message routing isn't working properly.

Text messages from web site applications work a little differently from mobile device to mobile device text messages.  If you can receive text messages from a UK mobile phone, perhaps the issue lies with the web site operator/s. 

It sometimes helps to force the local SIM network off from Auto select. Mine was Auto-selecting JIO, but I turned it it to AirTel and it suddenly received some past SMS...still doesn't always work ๐Ÿ˜ž