cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card change

Kaley_291213
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi I changed my SIM card to smarty and requested my puk code to transfer my number, it says the transfer was successful but when I ring or text people it isn’t my usual number it’s the smarty one I got with the sim, has anyone got a resolution as work can’t contact me unless they change the system.

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Kaley_291213 Your phone has'remembered' the number that was initially allocated to the sim when you joined Smarty.

If you go into the phone settings, you will find My Number somewhere (depends upon type of phone) and can change it manually.

For iPhone, sometimes sufficient to log out of iMessage and FaceTime and then log back in again.

I am on iPhone and I have tried to change the number manually but it just reverts back to the smarty one. Do you know how i get intouch with someone from smarty? 

@Kaley_291213  To get in touch with someone from Smarty, you need to start a web chat with the Support Team (Blue icon at bottom right hand corner of main web page.

However, a) did you try the iMessage and FaceTime suggestion that I made?

b) you would be better off asking someone in an Apple shop or reseller to assist as they will sort it in a fraction of the time and will not require you to go through security and then explain umpteen times.

Good advice from @MSF 

Also worth remembering that your employer and anyone else  CAN call you on your usual number. It’s only caller ID from calls that you make that is showing your temporary Smarty number.

Try this simple video explainer (REMEMBER to press “save” when you have changed the number)

https://youtu.be/xOSgPkNsEPg