cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shady practice on SMARTY

UserXYZ
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

It seems that if you want to delete your account you MUST activate a service which cannot be used.

"How do I delete my account?

If you have completed a payment and ordered a SIM, you’ll need to activate it first. Then, follow these steps to leave SMARTY."

In my case: I paid for a service, the SIM was not sent or it was sent to La-La Land, and while I can recover my money by opening a dispute on PayPal (as they haven't honoured their obligation), I'll still have the account active which includes my personal details. Of course, I can activate the service but WHY should I do this if I haven't received the SIMcard in the first place ?

8 REPLIES 8

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Google how to raise a complaint with Smarty

This is the Smarty community forum - We are smarty customers, we do not work for Smarty, so of course do not have access to other customers accounts. 

LouisK
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hi @UserXYZ 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

We do offer a '14 Day Money Back Guarantee' with all of our plans and one of our friendly Customer Care Experts will be happy to process this for you. You can contact them here: www.smarty.co.uk/contact. 

The team will process the cancellation for you and ensure a refund is issued to you, however, in line with our Privacy Policy, we are allowed to retain some of your data for a period of time. You can view our Privacy Policy here and if you have any questions on it, feel free to contact our Data Protection Team at dpa@smarty.co.uk

Best wishes,

Louis 
SMARTY

UserXYZ
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Thanks for replying. I know I can recover the money; I have no worry regarding the money I paid.

On the flip side, how does your reply answers to the issue I presented ? This is what I found on your website: "If you have completed a payment and ordered a SIM, you’ll need to activate it first. Then, follow these steps to leave SMARTY." 

Maybe I'm not capable to understand basic English but it says very clearly that if I want to delete the account, I have to activate it first. In my case I don't even have a SIM to activate.

Anyway, the option to request a SIM replacement is now active and I requested a replacement. Hopefully this one will arrive. I consider the case solved. Is there a way to delete this post ?

UserXYZ
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Please accept my apologies. I was wrong to believe you; my mistake. It looks I gave you too much credit. The replacement SIMCard was theoretically sent last Thursday via Royal Mail 1st class, but I still haven't received it ... and YES, Royal Mail delivered today other letters but NOT the SIMCard from Smarty because probably it has never been sent.

UserXYZ
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

PROBLEM SOLVED. Please DELETE this post.

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@UserXYZ  Multiple posts about the same thing do not really make a difference to the outcome.

UserXYZ
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

After a long discussion and attachments with screen captures, we found a discrepancy between what was showing on my account and what was officially registered. Problem solved now.

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@UserXYZ  Not so shady then.