cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

Melvyn-B507
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I am trying to set up my data roaming and on checking my android phone it initially seemed that all settings had automatically been entered and were correct apart from one “APN Type”

SMARTY instructions stated to have “mob.asm.net” but my setting was “default,supl,mms,xcap”.

Could someone please confirm which I should use.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

You need to set the APN to ‘mob.asm.net’

See here :

Changing the APN on an Android device to enable roaming 

View solution in original post

Making a new APN may not work, if your device keeps pointing to the original but incorrect APN.

You may well need to look at your device’s manual, google the instructions, or contact your device’s manufacturer.

I just wonder, if you cannot change the APN in your device for some reason, whether it’s network locked to another network. 

As this is the Smarty community forum, populated by Smarty customers, we don’t work for Smarty, nor are we tech support staff. 

What is the device, a phone or a portable WiFi unit, who is the manufacturer, where did you buy it, etc ? This info may help to shed more light on your issue. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

You need to set the APN to ‘mob.asm.net’

See here :

Changing the APN on an Android device to enable roaming 

Please can you help me with a similar issue?

I could not change the APN so made a new one.

New APN is set to mob.asm.net

But I cannot remove/leave blank the APN Type, which shows a similar list to the person first posting of "default,mms,...". 

I am going abroad and need to resolve this. Thanks 

Making a new APN may not work, if your device keeps pointing to the original but incorrect APN.

You may well need to look at your device’s manual, google the instructions, or contact your device’s manufacturer.

I just wonder, if you cannot change the APN in your device for some reason, whether it’s network locked to another network. 

As this is the Smarty community forum, populated by Smarty customers, we don’t work for Smarty, nor are we tech support staff. 

What is the device, a phone or a portable WiFi unit, who is the manufacturer, where did you buy it, etc ? This info may help to shed more light on your issue. 

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Melvyn-B507  It is definitely as given by Smarty (& @JJP2 )

Thank you I will attempt to amend my settings.