Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roaming suddenly not working

Ceiri
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi all

I cross border roam between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland a lot, usually without any problems. Yesterday when i left the house in ROI my phone went "offline" and kept asking me to sign-in to the network (not register, that happens automatically) but sign in, and when i click on the prompt it takes me to the Smarty website.

Screenshot_2023-07-24-15-52-37-110_com.google.android.captiveportallogin.jpg

โ€ƒif i click on the 3 dots it  offers "do not use this network" or "use network as is"... neither option does anything, nor does logging into Smarty site. My monthly data is used up but i have ยฃ10 as an add-on available and my APN settings are as they should be.

Anyone have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ceiri
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi

Thanks for replying. Yes I did all the standard checks/resets etc. In desperation I removed the data add-on I'd bought and bought a new one and that seems to have sorted it out.  So it seems that for some reason the first data add-on caused the glitch ๐Ÿคท

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Ceiri  Have you checked the network status for smarty and for the network that you normally use in ROI?

Ceiri
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi

Thanks for replying. Yes I did all the standard checks/resets etc. In desperation I removed the data add-on I'd bought and bought a new one and that seems to have sorted it out.  So it seems that for some reason the first data add-on caused the glitch ๐Ÿคท

@Ceiri  That sounds even stranger! How did you 'remove' the data add-on once it was active?

BUT don't forget that the data add-on cannot be used for EU roaming (but it would be fine when on a N. Ireland mast). You would need to buy a data roaming pass for either one or three days - please chock out the price guide.

Certainly worth checking this out with Support team via web chat as they can look at your account.