Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

‏Request for Enhancement of Internet Signal Quality

MahdiZa_1856989
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Dear Smarty Team,

I am writing to inform you about the persistent weak internet signal I have been experiencing, which appears notably weaker compared to other users of your services. I face considerable difficulties in loading most web pages and using online applications.

Additionally, approximately two days prior to the end of my monthly service period, disruptions peak, and my device frequently displays an inaccurate signal strength ("fake signal"). This issue has persisted for over a year and three months now.

Could you please investigate and implement necessary measures to enhance my internet connectivity? I prefer not to switch plans or providers, but should these issues continue without a resolution, I may need to consider alternative solutions.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt response.

Best regards,
Sevda Pournaderi

3 REPLIES 3

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Okay @MahdiZa_1856989, alas I doubt SMARTY Mobile will look to improve their signal strength based on this feedback.

However, once SMARTY switch-off their 3G mobile network (by end of 2024), you may find everything's better, including Internet access using your SMARTY plan mobile data allowance.

Good luck though, @MahdiZa_1856989.

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Firstly, this is the Smarty community forum, we are customers just like you, we don’t work for Smarty, we are not the “Smarty Team”.

Secondly, if you are using Smarty as a replacement for fixed line broadband, Section 5.15 of Smarty’s terms and conditions state that Smarty is not to be used as a long term replacement for home broadband, so they may well have realised what you are doing, and reduced your connection speed. Time to pony up for a fixed line connection.

Responsible use – Unlimited Data Only Plans
5.15 Our Unlimited Data Only SIM plans are for personal, non-commercial use only and can be used in SIM enabled tablets or
laptops and portable mobile WI-FI devices and is uncapped for this use.

This  SIM card should not be used as a permanent
long-term alternative to home broadband. If we determine in our sole opinion that your use of the SMARTY Services is in
breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or exceeds that reasonably expected of someone using the Service for legitimate
personal, non-commercial use, then we may at our discretion terminate (in accordance with Section 9), or Suspend (in
accordance with Section 8), or restrict your SMARTY Service. As an example, without limitation, we consider that if you
regularly tether more than 8 devices that this is unlikely to be legitimate personal, non-commercial use.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@MahdiZa_1856989  One other important point here: You are not writing to Smarty Team when you post here. This is the Community Forum and we are members like you, so have no influence on network issues.

If it is all so bad, how come you have put up with the situation for 15 months? Have you checked if the signal is better outside your home?