cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejoining Smarty -- no sim sent

DavidBa_1842118
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I rejoined Smarty over the weekend but I am still waiting for a number to be allocated so my SIM has not been posted to me yet.  My wife joined at the same time and has already received her SIM.  I am wondering if there is some system problem at Smarty that means rejoiners fail to get a new SIM if they use the same email address.  Has anyone else had this experience?

6 REPLIES 6

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@DavidBa_1842118 If you have used one email address, then you can only order a second sim as a "nickname' sim within a group. Otherwise, each account requires a different email. I wonder if this has confounded the system as you tried to use the same email?

Take a look at the help article:https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/3417277-what-is-a-group-plan

DavidBa_1842118
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

No MSF that is not the issue.  My wife joined with her own email address.  I am saying I rejoined at the same time but I have yet get a new SIM created or posted to me.  It looks stuck in the system to me.

DavidBa_1842118
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

My status remains as  --- Awaiting number...

Your phone number hasn’t been assigned yet. This happens automatically. When that’s done and your SIM has arrived you’ll be able to activate your service from here.

@DavidBa_1842118  Thanks for clarifying - I thought you meant that you were both using the same email! (it happens!)

Did you rejoin with via the same account? I wonder if the system is confused because there is an old and a new account with the same email?

Or, then again, perhaps post is running at snail's pace but just for you and not for "she who must be obeyed"

No my number hasnt even been allocated so it is not in the post.  I am thinking of using a different email address and signing up again but I teally shouldnt have to

@DavidBa_1842118 My understanding has been that a number is allocated when the sim is activated.

I would expect that to be because many sims must be sent out e.g. extras to give to friends to sign them up - and I'm sure that loads of them are never used.