Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RECEIVING CALLS WHEN PLAN EXPIRES

NEVS
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hello Guys,

just a quick question, in UK as elsewhere in the world, when your TOPUP runs out you still are able to receive calls and texts.

Is SMARTY different in that sense? My monthly plan of 40GB + text calls has ended a few days ago. So I thought I am still good to receive a work related call today with no problem…

For some reason my line is completely off, anyone trying to call me hears “No such number” sounds. Did something in the UK Communications Act 2003 changed? 
SMARTY says it can switch the receiving calls when I top up my account… Today I just lost the client and considerable amount of money due to SMARTY new rules, or a occasional mess up.

It seem like the customer service in India does not know realities of the UK market.

Please advise??? Rules, experience, action tips are welcomed.

😳

6 REPLIES 6

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@NEVS  Simple advice? - Smarty T&C's make it clear that this is only for consumer use and not business. For that reason, your loss of a client will unfortunately have no bearing on anything.

I do not understand why a network would be expected to allow you to use any part of their service if you have not paid. Surely many people would simply tell their friends/family etc to call them to speak and would not pay a penny for the service. I can't see how that can work.

Plus, you'd have thought if someone depends on their phone to make a considerable amount of money, they might be willing to invest the tenner a month it costs to keep their service active.

NEVS
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What a lovely circle-jerk guys. Some inexperienced folks would believe you;

CASE OF NEMETZ V GERMANY - legal entity  established for the purpose of self employment carries the same rights as the natural person who runs it.
OFCOM knows better 

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@NEVS  Didn't realise that you could force a company to do business with anyone.

Smarty makes it clear at the outset that it is not for business purposes, so what's the problem there?

As @SmartyTrousers  says, why would a business allow a plan to run out and risk difficulties?

Are we even bound by EU laws anymore?

NEVS
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

@MSFthe level of sarcasm is astonishing.
Apart from EU there is still international law, OFCOM and PAC CODE!

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@NEVS  I think that you started it.

As I understand, you say that you didn't want to pay for a plan but expected to receive calls through that network.

When they don't play ball, you talk about getting a PAC code and therefore going elsewhere; are you sure that other networks will provide that service for free?

This is not sarcasm - rather a case of realism because it does not seem a reasonable expectation, particularly since you say you want to use it for business which contravenes the Smarty T&C's.

Dialogue over from my perspective.