Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port in only partically successful

CherylB_2345010
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I'm at a loss for what to do now.

I requested a PAC from my former mobile phone operator on 11th October and ordered a Smarty SIM, creating a new account on the same day, giving my PAC.

I selected 23rd October for my port to occur as I'd like to keep my old number.

However, after lunchtime yesterday, I can only receive calls and texts.

I cannot make outbound calls and texts, access any voicemail to change the greeting, or connect to mobile data. With the calls and trying to access voicemail, I get the 'You've not been given access to this service' message and text messages failed to send.

I spoke to webchat yesterday. I was asked to power down my phone, remove the sim card, wait a while, reinsert the sim and reboot the phone. That's not worked. In fact, I tried that several times. I was asked to wait until the end of the day. This morning, I still only have partial service (inbound calls and texts). I also removed the sim again this morning before resuming the webchat but there's no response on the webchat.

What do I do now?

3 REPLIES 3

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey, I am sorry this has happened, Porting can take until 5 PM so that may be why they have asked you to wait, If the chat team have not gotten back to you please ask them to @ me and I will take a look

That was all yesterday. It's still not worked and we're on day 2 now.

I don't want to lose my number.

If a number has gotten stuck while porting there are a few things that we can try to have it resolved and our chat team will advise the next best steps, but your number will not be lost, we will do everything we are able to have this resolved as quickly as possible, we appreciate your cooperation and patience's.