cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Port in delay - from Three to Smarty - how to expedite?

ThomasD_2634169
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Really can't believe this. Had been on Three on a very old contract that was no longer very good and didn't want any problems switching, so switched to Smarty (a subsidiary of Hutchison the same company as Three !)

Three sim card is now switched off and my number has not been transferred. I am fuming. I can't understand how a number switch between the same company can go wrong.

Can someone tell me the quickest way to contact someone who can sort this out as soon as possible? And can anyone explain how on earth this can happen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Despite both companies being owned by Hutchison, SMARTY (MVNO) and Three UK (MNO) seem to operate as independent businesses.

Mobile number portability (switching) only works when switching between different mobile service providers. 

Although there isn't a quick way of sorting out switching problems, probably best to chat online with the SMARTY support team, @ThomasD_2634169.

Do this at https://smarty.co.uk/contact - then scroll down to "Start a conversation". 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

As this is the Smarty community forum, populated by customers, we donโ€™t work for Smarty.

Check your account dashboard, to check that you have an active plan. If you do, you would need to start a webchat with a Smarty agent.

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@ThomasD_2634169 When you started the port-in process, were you not given an expected date for the change? If the expected date has been and gone, raise a complaint via the website.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Despite both companies being owned by Hutchison, SMARTY (MVNO) and Three UK (MNO) seem to operate as independent businesses.

Mobile number portability (switching) only works when switching between different mobile service providers. 

Although there isn't a quick way of sorting out switching problems, probably best to chat online with the SMARTY support team, @ThomasD_2634169.

Do this at https://smarty.co.uk/contact - then scroll down to "Start a conversation".