cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page locked ? Greyed out

DavidCr_2353705
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Does anyone know if Smarty lock the page where you can see the VPN  as mine is greyed out and cannot be altered..Smarty chat  people dosent know the answer so hope that some techie out there will have the answer .   

8 REPLIES 8

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Are you looking to do this with an Android device, or an iPhone, or a mobile broadband router, @DavidCr_2353705?

Hi , Android phone..  my VPN name  changed from "3" to "Smarty Internet" .  They said to change it but as I explained to them I can't its greyed out .. hit the 2 dots refreshed ..nothing still  greyed out name is Smarty Internet ..thks 

How many SIM cards in your handset, @DavidCr_2353705

If it's just one an active SMARTY SIM, why is it necessary to change the VPN name from "SMARTY Internet" to "3"? 

According to chat if travelling abroad  the name should be "3" mine says "Smarty Internet", they asked me to change it but as I have explained it is greyed out 

That sounds like nonsense from the advisor/s, @DavidCr_2353705.

The following forum article explains exactly what's needed in order to use your Android device aboard:

https://community.smarty.co.uk/t5/faq/setting-up-your-android-device-to-work-abroad/ta-p/7919 

I don't see any mention of VPN name, in this article.

Go into that link you sent me .. scroll down to 5.  ( it's says go into "3")  mine says Smarty Internet .. I don't have "3" coming up .  That's the name .

DavidCr_2353705
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Have screen shot to show you what it says but can't see a way to attach it 

Tascha
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hi @DavidCr_2352805 it sounds like you're referring to the APN settings rather than 'VPN'.

It shouldn't matter what the name of the APN is--it's just the APN itself needs to be set to 'mob.asm.net' when you're going abroad.

If you're unable to edit any of the existing APN then please create a new set--you should be able to do this by selecting the three dots in the top right corner and choosing 'new APN'.