Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number porting

Haruman
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hello all,

So I’m a bit stuck as I can’t start a new conversation with customer service due to my current person leaving the chat open all week. 

I joined Smarty the weekend just gone, requested my number port over which should have been done on 1.8.23.. were now on 3.8.23 and it’s still saying transfer in progress… I keep being told I’ll get an update when there is one and all this but nothing…

I could literally join another company and have it done by tomorrow if I do it before 1700. 

5 REPLIES 5

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Haruman  Sorry to hear this. It really does not sound good. If I were you, I would raise a complaint so that it hopefully gets looked at by the UK Customer Service team: https://smarty.co.uk/complaints

Haruman
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I’ve requested a call back to make a complaint as we’re now on the 8th of August and I’m still no further.. just being fobbed off with the same lines from different advisors. 

@Haruman  Let's hope that they can sort it out for you quickly.

Haruman
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I just wanted to post an update for anyone that finds this post on line. 

My number finished porting last night and to be fair Smarty offered me generous compensation. 

The issue wasn’t with smarty in the end. Turns out my previous provider hadn’t sent the right files and despite being chased, they dragged their feet. 

thanks all. 

@Haruman  Thank you for keeping us up to date - it's really useful to know

a) what caused it and

b) that Smarty treated you well

It's good when a problem ends well!!!  😁