Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number porting failure

ChrisGo_2486818
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

Hi All,

Just thought I would share with the community a tiny snippet of the challenges I am facing in trying to get my porting error problem sorted.

In summary I have been a new customer to Smarty for 9 days and have never been able to receive any incoming calls or texts to an error in the porting. (I can make calls and send texts). The voice-in element of the port has failed.

So, after 9 days of no inbound service at all (nightmare for 2fa.mfa), 5 formal complaints and ongoing daily communication with the web chat team (still ongoing), this is a very small snippet of todays web chat. 

If you are reading this, please note that I have explained to the web chat team daily anyone calling me receives "The number dialed has not been recognised, please check and dial again"  proving it's a porting network issue and not my device. I have of course jumpted through the pointless hoops to prove a point of resetting, clearing cache, putting my sim in a different factory reset phone etc etc.

ChrisGo_2486818_1-1705671381707.png

If anyone can explain how the "team" managed to call me when I didn't receive a call and no missed call and the knowledge that I cannot see how it would work until Smarty sorts out the failed porting, this would be great knowledge.  

1 REPLY 1

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@ChrisGo_2486818  WOW!!! That is indeed very disappointing and I totally understand your frustration.

It looks like you have tried everything. I wonder if @YulianK  could flag this to somewhere senior and sensible for you (Hopefully he should receive a notification of this post)