cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number ported over today

PaulFar_1859400
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Good evening people, so my number should’ve been ported over today from Vodafone. I’ve done all of the necessary things I’ve been asked to do and I started the process on Thursday afternoon probably about 5:15 pm so now approaching 1945 pm this evening I still don’t have my number my problem being, I run a small business which I have done for the last 23 years and countless people have my mobile number, as well as the business number which divert to my mobile  !!! 
I just keep getting excuses from the online SMARTY colleagues telling me it will be working soon 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

10 REPLIES 10

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

It's frustrating when things don't go to plan. A few things to check:

1. Is your Vodafone SIM still active @PaulFar_1859400
    If it's still active, then there's been a problem with the switch.
  2. Have you received an email and a text to your SMARTY SIM, advising your number transfer has gone through?
    If not, there's probably been a problem with the transfer.

Web chat will be the way to get your transfer finished.
It's not much consolation @PaulFar_1859400, but you're entitled to compensation for each day the switch is delayed, according to OFCOM's rules. The chat agents work 8am - 8pm daily. 

Good luck @PaulFar_1859400.  

No, my Vodafone Sim is not active. It went off at about 11 am today. I have been talking to agents on the chat bot all day since 2:30 pm. They just keep making excuses the last conversation today said it might take four or five days which is just ridiculous, I’ve run a small business and my virtual office diverts to my mobile ! The business has been established for 23 years, and thousands and thousands of customers have got my mobile number and also the office number and they cannot contact me so it’s costing me a lot of money. This is one of the reasons I did not want to port my number away from Vodafone but they weren’t prepared to offer me a decent package. I contacted SMARTY in advance to ask if there would be a problem and they resoundingly  said no !!! Which obviously isn’t the truth 🤦‍♂️ can you possibly confirm that my number has not been lost. Thank you in advance

Online web chat really will be the way to get this resolved, but you need to INSIST that you want to make a complaint about the failure to transfer your number to SMARTY and claim the compensation.

Login to your SMARTY online account and start chatting. 

I hope you manage to get things sorted @PaulFar_1859400

Hey  PaulFar_1859400

we will need to look into this further if you are having trouble on chat you can get in touch with us here https://smarty.co.uk/contact 

aowaad
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I’ve had the same issue, 10+ days unable to receive calls or texts.  Still waiting, previous provider has been contacted, “we will update you” , etc, etc.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

The gaining service provider (i.e. SMARTY) is 100% responsible for getting the number transferred @aowaad.

This is what has been mandated by the UK telecoms regualtor OFCOM.

Maybe you should think about making a complaint @aowaad - 10+ days seems too long. You can make a complaint by phone as follows:

You can request a call back to discuss your complaint by calling 0333 338 1054. 
We will call you back within 3 business days.

See more online at https://smarty.co.uk/complaints.

Thanks for the number, I’ll give them a call if it’s still not sorted by Friday. I put in a complaint online at the weekend and filled out a form on Ofcom’s site (they aren’t concerned with individual issues but will take action if a pattern emerges) but it’s usually best to call someone.

@aowaad please can you advise if you got the issue resolved as ive been waiting 6 days now with the same issue and getting the same scripted responses?

Yeah it got resolved a few days later, my previous provider didn't release the number properly.  It was very frustrating and required almost daily chasing but it all worked out in the end.

did your previous provider help or just chasing smarty?