cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nework coverage

SoniaSm_1865331
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I cannot get a network signal in my area. when I check on the Smarty network for my area , they say their engineers are working on it. When I check the coverage for the post codes of all my family members I see the same message from Smarty in over 80 % of ares. What is going on Smarty ??

6 REPLIES 6

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Does your SMARTY SIM card work outside your area @SoniaSm_1865331

Three are working on their network all over the UK, upgrading 4G and deploying 5G.

I've got a Three network status message in my area too, which says:

We’re fixing an issue with our network in this area

We’re sorry for any disruption you experience. Our engineers are working on masts nearby, which means the rest of our network is handling more traffic than usual.

This is because Three will be turning OFF their 3G network by the end of 2024. 

I've been getting the "We're fixing..." message for my local area (Trowbridge) ever since I signed up a couple of weeks ago - and on the rare occasion I do see a data network at home, it's 3G, and drops out after a matter of minutes.

I was up at Media City (Salford) the other day, and despite the network check claiming all was well (and supposedly 5G)... nothing! (I was beginning to wonder if the SIM was faulty, so started investigating whether I could move to the bonus SIM I was sent).

Finally got 5G in, of all places, a motorway services car park near Southampton - so at least I know something works!

Is there a page listing locations, what's being done, and how long it's likely to take anywhere? The generic message I've seen thus far isn't exactly informative.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Is the phone working anywhere? Have you tried powering down the phone then removing the sim, giving it a clean with a soft lint-free cloth and then reinserting it and powering up the phone?

Tricia_TD
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I've been having this problem and message for weeks now, too, throughout the east and north east of Scotland. I've tried taking the sim out, shutting down my phone and then replacing the sim, but that hasn't helped. I've checked that my mobile data settings are correct, and they are. I was up in Aberdeen last weekend and my phone showed that I could get 5G, but yet again, no mobile data to use maps or WhatsApp. 😠

JaniceB_1874929
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hi Sonia,

Have you been able to make or receive calls since you posted your comments on the 11th?

I'm in exactly the same position as you.  Not at all what I expected.  And Smarty don't seem to know when the "work on the masts" will be completed.  

WelshPaul
SMARTY Centurion
SMARTY Centurion

We’ve had this message displayed for the past 18 months now (no joke).