cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New to Smarty and 700mb just disappeared

EamonnK_2987185
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Just switched from O2 and ported my number over all good. Done a speed test and my 5GB is now 4.3GB data remaining! Wouldn't mind but this is a second sim in my phone for my personal use only as my work sim is set for all calls ,text, and data. I did turn off sim 1 while I ran the speed test which is  really fast. Is this a sign of things to come from Smarty?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SmartyTrousers
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Speed tests work by seeing how much data it's possible to download over a set period of time. On this occasion, it's used quite a lot of data because the connection you're getting from Smarty in that location is pretty fast. You're welcome!

I can understand why you wouldn't be used to seeing such data usage on O2, as it has the lowest average data speeds of all four UK networks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SmartyTrousers
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Speed tests work by seeing how much data it's possible to download over a set period of time. On this occasion, it's used quite a lot of data because the connection you're getting from Smarty in that location is pretty fast. You're welcome!

I can understand why you wouldn't be used to seeing such data usage on O2, as it has the lowest average data speeds of all four UK networks.

Thanks, makes sense sort of but wouldn't have thought it would take that much data! That's a lot data up in smoke๐Ÿคฃ

Yep, it's easy to burn through a lot of data with a speed test if you're on a fast network, and Three's (Smarty's parent network) 5G is the fastest of all UK networks.

The fastest speed test I've done on Smarty so far was over 1.2Gbps, and used over 2GB of data.