Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer

NathanB_1886479
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hello

I recently signed up for smarty and the plan I was on was £8 FOR 12GB . I then decided that I wanted the £10 30gb one instead which is due to start on the 24th.

As I get paid monthly,  the 24th of each month is an inconvenience ( I should have created and started the account on the first of each month in hindsight)

I want my plan to renew every month on the first of the month, not the 24th.

How do I do this in settings as I turned auto renew on and it just keeps saying will start on the 24th????

Any help greatly appreciated. 

Nathan

5 REPLIES 5

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

I don't think there's a date picker, the auto-renewal date is the monthly anniversary of the date you setup auto-renewal.

You might be able to change the date by turning OFF the auto-renewal option until you reach the date of the month you want your auto-renewal to happen.

Otherwise, you might need to have a web chat with one of the SMARTY agents. The web chat is online at https://smarty.co.uk/contact - the agents are available from 8am-8pm, 7 days a week.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

I agree with @Chalkychap . The auto-renew will do exactly that on the same day as you stated the first plan. If you turn off the auto-renew, you will be without service from 24th to end of month, but can then purchase the plan you want and can start it on 1st with auto-renew enabled.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

You can probably add some credit to your SMARTY account  (i.e. buy an add-on NOT a plan), so you'll have service in the interim period. Good luck @NathanB_1886479 

@Chalkychap If a customer just adds credit to the account, it can be used to pay for usage while in non EU countries or to buy data add-ons etc. Can it be used to pay for calls in UK that are Not to special numbers? I'm looking at p14 of Price Guide and it doesn't read that way to me.

The suggestion, as I read it, is that std UK calls are included in a std plan and that's the only way to get them. It appears as if Smarty allow you to stop auto-renew only to effect a pause for up to 180+40 days.

Am I misinterpreting it?

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Yes indeed @MSF - looking again at SMARTY's price guide, it does appear that unless you've got an active plan you can't use your phone.

I'd thought PAYG was possible, but the price guide suggests this is not possible with SMARTY in the 'traditional' sense of PAYG.

Perhaps one of SMARTY's moderators can clarify - @Rebekah_150@Nathan@George, anyone?