cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International add-on not credited to my account

kevinmu_1682270
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Back in July I was in the Faroe Islands, Part of Denmark but not in the EU as far as Smarty is concerned (Vodaphone accepts that it is though!)

As there was no roaming, I bought a £15 international addon (or a £15 addon), the money came out of my account and ... nothing! I still did not have any international data and to top that off, Smarty did not show that I had bought the add-on in my add-on list, though I still had an EU data add-on from last September.

I had to purchase an e-sim to get any mobile data while I was away.

How do I get my £15 refunded or the international add-on credited to my account for the next time I am roaming outside the EU?

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@kevinmu_1682270  If you look at the Price Guide, Faroe Islands is in Band4. Data is charged at £5 per megabyte and so you would hardly have downloaded anything before your credit was consumed. A few emails checked or a photo could well consume that much I'm afraid.

An e-sim probably did you a favour - I'm sure it was a better rate than £5 per Mb.

You can certainly web chat with Smarty Support to see if they will help you out as a goodwill gesture though.

kevinmu_1682270
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi, thanks for that suggestion. Though I did not get the opportunity to download any emails etc as I never had a connection to any of the local phone networks