cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cant use account balance to buy addon

DylanTr_2895997
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I topped up my phone over 5 hours ago and saw that it was instantly credited to my account.

I then tried to buy an add-on using my account balance and it was asking me to choose a payment method, it had no option to pay using my existing credit.

I have topped up before and bought an add-on the same way I'm trying to do now and it worked fine so I know this isn't supposed to happen.

Does anyone have a solution? I have spoken to smarty and they said they will get back to me in the next 48hours so I'm not sure what to do now

5 REPLIES 5

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@DylanTr_2895997  Is that via the app or the website? Normally recommend logging into the website as it does seem more reliable.

Is the add-on an out of plan add on.? You would expect it to be available.

Take a look at the help pages - the site is not working at the moment though ๐Ÿ™„

I have tried through the app and through the website, I've tried logging out and logging back in and still have the same problem. I was trying to buy the 7day unlimited add-on (not the out of plan one). I also tried the 10gb data addon (not out of plan one) as I wasnt sure if there was a problem with the add on I was trying to buy, i actually tried a few but allways got the same result

@DylanTr_2895997  Then you'll need a web chat with Smarty Support for them to check out your account.

Thank you, I will post this as an update and say that eventually it did work. I kept trying I didn't try anything different and later that evening i was able to pay using my account balance.

@DylanTr_2895997  Good news!! Sometimes, the system seems to take a while to catch itself up. Not great, but at least it worked out for you eventually.