cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have to mention this

DominicH_702313
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

It baffles the atomic and molecular foundation of mind that cellular speeds are still this atrocious ... 
 Mean really who is deciding the speed it shouldn't even be very complicated honestly... 
Get your passionate and wanting people and develop the most magical communication data transfer systems imaginable... we should be getting closer to sending solar system levels of data by now... at least *presumably* instead sending a flipping big bunch of color orientated bytes takes hours... what the heck... it would make more sense for these speeds when the first internet was around; sure.. but we've got AI that's becoming generally intelligent and machines becoming more modernised and yet we still can't send planetary amounts of bytes in short amount of seconds... surely we can do better then this... and if people wanna get annoyed about installing communication equipment then why can't we find a better way where it doesn't matter .. I mean seriously it's just exchanging bytes at the end of the day.. how hard can it truly truly be...  Why can't we have wifi that doesn't effect the bandwidth of other people as well urgh so many missed opportunities..

5 REPLIES 5

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@DominicH_702313 Wow!!! I'm not exactly sure who that is aimed at really. Please don't forget that Smarty are somewhat at the whim of 3 network and presumably also share masts with other networks in places.

Companies such as Smarty will provide a product that is tailored to a large number of people who want a value for money plan with no long term contract. Many of us do not require stellar data speeds - a lot of customers are connected to solid landline broadband connections for much of the day and find the speeds fine for some data transfer.

It may be that some customers require almost a cast-iron guarantee of fast speeds and so need to look to use a network that is very good in their area - but even then it really won't be genuinely guaranteed I think.

I do understand that you are frustrated with what is available to you, but it really is a 'first world problem' and perhaps reflects the rapid acceleration of all things in comms over the last few years....and yes, I do remember when a phone was the size of a house brick and could just make calls and perhaps send a text!

Haha ; can understand your shock factor ; probably should have sent my frustration towards the cellular tower makers or something; but it was probably valuable to have it presented in this fashion too *maybe*

I'm actually aware that smarty is attached to 3 and there are others out there of course. um yah..

See why wouldn't they just create those towers so that it never ever gets to a point where it's sharing and is merely pure flow... or am I missing some physical rule?

But why wouldn't whomever is building these systems to be at stellar speed regardless if it ever gets used or not now it certainly might in the future if it's meant to.

Hey you know; think the idea of speeds being slow should be very rare nowdays... why it's still something we have to talk about baffles the color of the anatomy haha.

First world problem this is intriguing what does that concept imply a immediacy of global interaction; Id presume it would be expected... a camera that takes half a life time to show you it's photography seems a-bit silly unless there's a physics rule behind it?

Hi @DominicH_702313 . I shall answer with but one word.......MONEY!!!

Probably all down to the bean-counters.

Honestly that's not a good enough for me;  If ever make enough money will actually try and solve this either directly or indirectly somehow if can fathom it; my mind is probably not aware enough in certain technical area's or getting people to listen area's maybe.. WE GOTTA DO BETTER THEN THIS AM SERIOUS.. and vow to attempt changes if can...

DominicH_702313
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

This is not about money for me this is about the experience and always will; I hope there is an alternative to money because it's a disgrace to the human brain in my opinion in most cases except in deterrent and ease of use in some cases,etc but it's still a terrible system and we need to improve... so sick of this terrible broken crap.