cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i have full 4g but absolutely no bandwidth

KevinGr_2693076
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hi all, noticed the last 2 days that iv got full  4g signal but no bandwidth, won't connect to the Internet at all which is strange as it worked really well until Saturday when I decided to port my number over which still hasn't been done and iv had no correspondence to say when it's going to be done, I honestly wish I hadn't bothered now,

Any ideas on the lack of internet please

8 REPLIES 8

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@KevinGr_2693076 When you completed the porting application, were you not given a choice of dates?

Porting does not take place on weekends/bank holidays, so the application will be effective from today I think and the first day for port will be tomorrow before 5pm

Iv not had any confirmation to say that it's being changed 

@KevinGr_2693076 Have you checked your Account Dashboard to see what number it has? You should also be able to see when the port will take place.

If there is any query, you will need to web chat with Support Team so that they can check your account.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Unfortunately @KevinGr_2693076, not sure the signal bar icon on your handset tells you anything about the mobile data bandwidth available. This can be affected by many factors, including your signal reception.

The mobile data capability is indicated by E (Edge), H, HPSA, 3G, LTE, 4G, 5G etcetera, but the data capability shown may not be available at the theoretical bandwidth for the indicated data capability. 

What iv found on my phone, Google pixel 7pro, is that when the signal is on H or H+, I can use the Internet, but when it was on full 4g, it wouldn't connect, checked all the settings, did the obligatory restart but nothing

1 thing iv noticed, if I lock the phone to 3g, I at least get Internet, if I lock to 4g, I dont

Enjoy the 3G bandwidth, for Internet access while it lasts, @KevinGr_2693076. By the end of 2024, Three UK will have switched-off their 3G network across the UK.

Curious to know, do you have Internet access anywhere, when your Pixel shows a 4G data connection, @KevinGr_2693076?

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

All this sounds very odd - Can you try another networks SIM card in the phone ? If the issue persists with the SIM card of another network, that would point to an issue with either the settings in the phone and the way you may have changed them, or an issue with the phone itself.