cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting device 5G support added

JamesCo_1832357
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Just got a Smarty SIM and 5G doesn't work on my Nokia XR20.
5G works fine with my 3 SIM and my Vodafone SIM.
I know there's a list of devices that are allowed use 5G, but how can I lobby for my device to be added?

My Smarty SIM is also allowed use 5G when in my Huawei 5G router, even though it's not on the device list.

I'm not really sure what the point of having a list of allowed devices is... it's weird that Smarty do this.

• 5G
4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

It may be worth raising the issue via Support web chat.

There have been similar issues to yours reported in other posts recently.

I think that you sometimes need to balance off the fact that networks such as Smarty offer good value and may therefore not always have the same features as a much higher priced product.

JamesCo_1832357
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Yes I get that, but it makes no sense that my phone's 5G modem works automatically on Vodafone and 3 (which Smarty uses). It makes me think they're doing some shady in the background, which is why they're so cheap.

I find it odd that when the 3G and 4G networks went live there was no ‘list’ of supported devices, if the phone had either 3G or 4G modems then it just worked with either network. It’s not just SMARTY but all the networks appear to have a list of supported 5G devices, but it’s worth mentioning that such lists are rarely updated and list a variety of older devices. Weird!

MikeHorn_626277
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hi my 5g was was working fine in my Nokia g50 at Christmas then suddenly stopped I put a three sim card in and got 5g all smarty could say was it's not on the list but why was it working previously, do smarty have a tech support team that could look into this or just test some more 5g handsets