Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Full 4g signal, but no Internet connection

GaborKo_1024733
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi Guys 

Just wondering why is happening that I have a full 4g signal, but I've no Internet connection. Its really annoying as I using delivery apps, and many time I struggle to accept orders, as no Internet connection...

Any suggestions, or it's happening with anyone else?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

George
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey @GaborKo_1024733 sorry you are having these issues. The best place to check if there is any outages is on our new Network Status Checker which should show you how the network is in your area. Further to that you can contact our team who can investigate further for you here - the team are available 8am-8pm.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

George
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey @GaborKo_1024733 sorry you are having these issues. The best place to check if there is any outages is on our new Network Status Checker which should show you how the network is in your area. Further to that you can contact our team who can investigate further for you here - the team are available 8am-8pm.

LloydEa_2075573
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I am in Wales and I cannot get no Internet signal also

Similar problem.  I bought a data only sim for when I use my caravan which is opposite the Welsh coast on the north Somerset coast.  I use it with my MiFi which is set to 3Mobile so it should work as that is Smarty's network provider.  It just does not work.  Even though I am told that for that area I have a very good 4G coverage for calls, texts and data.  I have tried every which way, but no one can help me.  I was beginning to think it was my LG tv that was the problem, but I tried it on my LG tv at home and there was no problem with connection.  I am thinking that Smarty is not going to work for me which is a shame.

Even though Three is the parent company of Smarty, your mifi unit may be specifically network locked to Three and only Three.

Look at the mifi unitโ€™s manual to confirm this, or, if you can, borrow a SIM card from someone on another non Three hosted network (EE, Vodafone, etc) for just 5 minutes to confirm whether your mifi unit is network locked solely to Three.

Also, as has been discussed many times recently, your caravan may have a metal subframe that is blocking mobile signals.

@DeeElto_2115756  As you say, it may be that the signal is not good enough for your router while inside a metal box - effectively the caravan may be shielding the electromagnetic signal as suggested by @JJP2 

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Hello @GaborKo_1024733 . You may be better not mentioning about accepting orders! smarty specifically say that their network is not for business users (see T&C's)

LewisHo_2392281
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Well that does work still have no signal this sim is not good at all been walking around town till can't get any signal at all them be good network Been to me it not good network would just like all my money back