cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forcing Wi-Fi Calling

Chris1
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi, is there a way to force my phone to use Wi-Fi- calling ?  my phone signal strength at home is at a point where Wi-Fi calling cuts in and out many times a day .  I would like to use Wi-Fi calling permanently at home as the call quality is much better.

I have used aeroplane mode and turned Wi-Fi back on but was wondering if there was a setting with less faf , something like  ' use Wi-Fi for calls if available ' 

3 REPLIES 3

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Alas, the ability to prefer WiFi Calling isn't something that SMARTY currently offer, @Chris1

I'm in the same boat, with my iPhone in flight mode at home to ensure I'm not flip-flopping between the mobile network and WiFi Calling.  

If you're using an Android device, I know that EE offer this option with Samsung handsets using an EE SIM. I'm not sure it's an option with iOS on any UK network. 

WelshPaul
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

I have one or two bars at my home location and my iPhone 14 Pro always connects via WiFi calling. No idea why, I haven't purposefully configured my phone to use it.

clivejo
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I can force it on my Pixel 6a.  If I select airplane mode then turn on my wifi, it will allow you to make and receive calls via Wifi Calling.  But bear in mind that Wifi calling must be already supported before you can use this.  There are other factors as to why WiFi calling might be disabled such as the Smarty/Three server thinking you are not in the UK (called geo-blocking) and other blocks/restrictions some third party ISP's put in place to prevent or restrict that type of traffic on their network.