Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Failed Plan Refresh

Pete
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hello,

Yesterday I had a message that my plan had renewed and money taken from my account.

I have spoken to support who so far has been unable to help.

It's now 24 hours later and my phone is still not working, no calls, texts or data. Surely they can just remove the plan and reactivate this.

I find it unacceptable not to have my phone working for over 24 hours and not to be given a timescale to get this fixed.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

TimWill_1881335
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Same issue here, all people whose plan refreshed yesterday have this issue Iโ€™m told. 

I don't know if other people having the same issue is re-assuring or not!

But same here 9am text to say Plan renewed then 3 hours later I'm out of Data despite them taking payment and being on Unlimited plan.

Now into 2nd day with no Internet unable to text etc which is really poor. Getting anxious now because OH works from home and needs the Internet (we run sim from router) for work tomorrow.Hopefully this is fixed very soon.

SimonCh_1878891
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi, just thought I'd share that I have the same issue too. Plan renewed yesterday and now I can't make calls or use data. Have contacted the support chat who told me yesterday there was an issue for some customers and they would get back to me when working but so far I've heard nothing, despite several messages to the same representative.

Pete
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Thanks for your replies and that this was a global issue means this should have been sorted much quicker.

After multiple times contacting SMARTY and waiting long delays between messages and it going on over 24 hours.

I was away yesterday in an area I didn't know so had to try and get some WiFi just to get my Google maps working and was left in a vulnerable situation where I couldn't contact anyone or use data.

I understand things go wrong but this should be a simple fix like removing and readding the plan or some credit should have been offered. I've now decided to leave SMARTY and join VOXI instead who at least offer live chat instead of this really bad messaging system and no one has replied to my messages recently.

No apologies offered by SMARTY. Doubt I'll have any luck getting a refund either.

Hope they get this fixed for you soon.

Lilyrsdsd
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Exactly my stance Pete.It looks like it's just a problem with the account refreshing. Obviously I'm not a technical expert or know the in and outs of Smarty,but how someone just can't manually adjust something is frustrating where it doesn't seem to be some huge blackout.

I have little faith this will be sorted today at least.Like you said couple of hours outage here and there is maybe to be expected but over 24+ hours with no resolution is poor and enough for me also to take my custom elsewhere.There is a complaints process you can follow out of the messaging process which I have also done.

SimonCh_1878891
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have also used the complaints procedure and had a response to say they were aware of the issue and we will be compensated. It really isn't good enough, the fact we are having to chase them to find out what's going on rather than them letting us know is crazy. I have also just had another message from the tech support who said the issue is still going on but to try removing my SIM card for 5 mins and then trying again. Still hasn't worked.

Lilyrsdsd
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

The beauty of PAC and STAC codes and 1 month deals means it easy to switch so I've had enough and going, already have a switch scheduled. 

Same issue for me. Renewed on 21st payment has been taken from my credit card. No data at all, nothing works. 
I logged a query they are looking into but nothings happening. 

Pete
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I have finally ported away from Smarty and asked for a refund however been told they will check in a while if I can have a refund.

Have they offered any compensation to anyone else for the outage?

Lilyrsdsd
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hi Pete,

Yes I was offered ยฃ1!!! Over messaging with agent.

Made a formal complaint and got 1 month free which I settled for.

Still leaving though!