Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Der MSF (smarty Champ)

Krzyszt_2360337
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

It's my choice how I used this blog. 

I choice how I share my opinion  (bad opinion)

Doing verification Smarty ask about bank details.   You can charge 1 pens but you choice 1 pound. 

Now I received information about impossible refund without verification. 

For me it's scam.

I don't share my private details because Smarty all ready have this details. And because I totally don't trust Smarty. 

To resolve this issue I contact Citizens advice bureau  or Customer standard agency. 

Thanks 

ex customer KB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Krzyszt_2360337 OK, no need to apologise, but I wanted to make you aware that you need to be very careful if you accuse someone of a crime (Scamming is a crime).

The reason that they ask for a CREDIT card is that you need to be 18 to get one in the UK. You can get a DEBIT card much younger i.e. not an adult.

This may explain why the system kept asking for your card details. I am a bit surprised that it did not recognise that you were giving debit card details.

To give the money back, I guess they now need to check who it is they are giving it to exactly.

I understand that it must be frustrating, but I am sure they are not picking you out particularly and the company do not want to upset people deliberately.

I hope a manager can sort it for you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Krzyszt_2360337 It is one thing having an OPINION. It is another thing to accuse a company of a SCAM because you need to be able to prove it.

I understand that £1 is always taken to verify the credit card - it is later refunded. Here is the evidence: https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/1066648-parental-restrictions?_gl=1*fhrt7q*_ga*OTk5NjkyODY3LjE....

The process is to verify that you are over 18 - that's why they use credit card.

Citizens Advice will suggest that you write to company (perhaps via complaint) to ask them to correct the error. Until you do that, you cannot take further action because you cannot show that your request has been refused or ignored.

Sorry that you are so unhappy with the way it has worked out- remember that a lot of us don't have those problems and it all seems to work well and gives us a value for money service (No, I do not work for them or get any payment for posting)

Krzyszt_2360337
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Sorry about word scam.  It's only one way to answer you dear MSF.

Smarty charged my debit card.  Four Times.  Asked about details when I registered SIM. I provide my name. age.email. and bank  account details. 

Enough to prove my age.

Smarty twice charged 10 pounds every month.  Account was checked. 

Four Times charged for age verification and still no full access to the internet. 

Refund without verification it's impossible...last information from chat.  Now one of  manager one more time try resolve this issue. 

It's why I used word scam. Apologies for using this .

KB

@Krzyszt_2360337 OK, no need to apologise, but I wanted to make you aware that you need to be very careful if you accuse someone of a crime (Scamming is a crime).

The reason that they ask for a CREDIT card is that you need to be 18 to get one in the UK. You can get a DEBIT card much younger i.e. not an adult.

This may explain why the system kept asking for your card details. I am a bit surprised that it did not recognise that you were giving debit card details.

To give the money back, I guess they now need to check who it is they are giving it to exactly.

I understand that it must be frustrating, but I am sure they are not picking you out particularly and the company do not want to upset people deliberately.

I hope a manager can sort it for you.

Krzyszt_2360337
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Yes. Apologies.  Smarty asked for credit card. I checked it one more time 

And accept debit card four times.