cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deplorable coverage

IanAnsd_1998644
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Compared with my last provider, Giffgaff, I've found Smarty's coverage deplorably poor. Examples: no phone signal in the middle of Castle Douglas; no data in the middle of Dumfries; no data on the M6 at Preston. Rural areas - forget it. This can't be unique to me. Any solutions, or is it just a poor service.

10 REPLIES 10

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@IanAnsd_1998644 Sorry to hear that you are having problems. I must say that I have not had those kind of problems in my area or in general. True, there is the odd dead spot, but I also used to be with GG and it wasn't much different then.

At the risk of asking the obvious.....why did you move away from GG if they suited your needs?

IanAnsd_1998644
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The reason for change was price.

Switching for price is all well and good, I have just halved my bill by switching from EE.

Before the switch, I did check Three / Smarty coverage in all the places that I need good coverage, such as home, though...

I know O2 / GiffGaff is good in Scotland, as a friend in Stenhousemuir tells me that. She is on GiffGaff.

You may need to rethink, at least Smarty and GiffGaff are only 30 day contracts.

Thanks JJP2. I just can't believe Smarty's so bad. In Preston, for goodness sake. 

Screenshot_20230620-072525_Messages.jpg

 Fortunately for me, Smarty is faster than Usain Bolt on steroids 😀😀😀

@IanAnsd_1998644  Fair point. It is unfortunate that sometimes doesn't work out.

I have been there myself with re-worked printer cartridges!

Thanks. Does anyone from Smarty read and respond to these threads?

@IanAnsd_1998644  Not necessarily. Sometimes a Moderator will reply, but it tends to often be a similar reply to that you would get from one of the standard mob on here.

PaulPat_2061755
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I'm in Aberdeen and I'm exactly the same as the OP.

Moved from GG because of the price, when they stopped doing golden goodybags, but the signal from Smarty is awful despite the online map showing good 4G and 5G coverage in my area.

@PaulPat_2061755 Don't forget that sometimes it is a building issue that causes a poor signal e.g. steel beams.