cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing my accounts mobile No.

dml352red
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I started a Smarty contact months ago that I only used for a month & then I didn't auto renew.

I now want to start my smarty account up again & bring with me my own mobile number.

I've used my PAC code and my number has been put in the queue to activate on 7/9/23. 

Can someone please confirm that I am right in thinking I now need to set up my new plan a week or so before this date so that I can put my new sim card into my mobile on the 7/9/23 ready for it to go live?

Once I do this the old number on the account will change automatically to my newly activated number.

Thanks in advance for your help.

David

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

This is the Smarty Community Forum, populated by Smarty customers. 

When a PAC code is used, a number is ported from your previous network to your new network, in this case Smarty, within 1 or 2 business days, so your number should port next week, week commencing 14th August, much earlier than September.

If you give your new network your PAC between 09.00 - 17.00 from Monday to Friday, your number will port to your new network within 1 to 2 business days. If you give your new network your PAC code after 17.00 on a Friday, you are deemed to have given your new network your PAC code on a Monday. 

Numbers are not ported between networks during weekends. 

There is nothing to stop you activating a new Smarty SIM now, and using the temporary number that Smarty has assigned to it. In fact, as you have already Smarty your PAC code, you should do it ASAP, as Smarty will of course need an active live SIM onto which they can port your number next week. 

Given that you intend to reactivate a dormant account that hasn’t been used for a while, it’s possibly better, as you are porting a number, to set up a new account with a new email address and password, to make the porting of your number as simple as possible. 

View solution in original post

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@dml352red I don't understand why you are being given a date in September for the transfer. As @JJP2  correctly states, the transfer should operate with one or two business days.

Your sim would only be deactivated if you fail to use the account (i.e. spend money) for 180 days; you would receive an email from Smarty warning you that you then have two weeks to do something.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

This is the Smarty Community Forum, populated by Smarty customers. 

When a PAC code is used, a number is ported from your previous network to your new network, in this case Smarty, within 1 or 2 business days, so your number should port next week, week commencing 14th August, much earlier than September.

If you give your new network your PAC between 09.00 - 17.00 from Monday to Friday, your number will port to your new network within 1 to 2 business days. If you give your new network your PAC code after 17.00 on a Friday, you are deemed to have given your new network your PAC code on a Monday. 

Numbers are not ported between networks during weekends. 

There is nothing to stop you activating a new Smarty SIM now, and using the temporary number that Smarty has assigned to it. In fact, as you have already Smarty your PAC code, you should do it ASAP, as Smarty will of course need an active live SIM onto which they can port your number next week. 

Given that you intend to reactivate a dormant account that hasn’t been used for a while, it’s possibly better, as you are porting a number, to set up a new account with a new email address and password, to make the porting of your number as simple as possible. 

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@dml352red I don't understand why you are being given a date in September for the transfer. As @JJP2  correctly states, the transfer should operate with one or two business days.

Your sim would only be deactivated if you fail to use the account (i.e. spend money) for 180 days; you would receive an email from Smarty warning you that you then have two weeks to do something.