Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't search internet on smarty account but good on wifi any help please

Kat_736
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

26/08/2024

I have  49.91GB left of 50GB but can not access or search the internet via google with my phone and smarty account, but soon as i turn on my wifi access (to my router) all works fine (OK) is there a problem with smarty and access to the internet search?

The problem only seem to have started today

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Kat_736 Have you completed a Network Status check for your postcode? It may be that there is a mast problem or congestion in the area.

Your wifi presumably is based upon a broadband connection and so will not be affected.

If Network Status suggests that all should be fine, have a web chat with Smarty Support and they can escalate it if necessary.

Kat_736
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

well yes I did that b4 i posted here, but just went to double check but now I can not even enter my postcode. Yes my phone data is turned ON, and correct, wifi is based on my router which is broadband. It's 100% a smarty problem/issue. Like i just said I tested my Network Status check for my postcode but after reading your reply i went to check again and now can not even enter my postcode to check, which points to a "NOT so smarty" issue(s). I will leave it for now and need to find a new mobile provider with less issues/problems seem to be the way forward.

But thank you for a speedy reply

@Kat_736  Having checked the Network Status, why not web chat with Smarty Support? It may be that this is a very new issue and that is why the Network Status checker does not have the details.

You may indeed find a new provider, but I wouldn't choose 3 as Smarty run on their network. Of course, if it's a mast problem, then other networks may share the mast and also be suffering.

Decembersangel
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

Hi @Kat_736 👋
If you have an android phone then here is some helpful information.....
https://www.androidauthority.com/mobile-data-not-working-869393/

If you have an iPhone then I'm sure a quick internet search (using the connection to your router 😁) will help!
x