cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Google Wallet won't allow me to make contactless payments

swaefas
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

It may be a coincidence, but since moving to smarty, my phone will no longer let me make contactless payments. I get the message:

Your device doesn't meet security requirements

You can't pay contactless with this device. It may be rooted or running unverified software. Contact your device manufacturer or visit Google Wallet help for more information.

I used to be able to make payments (I was on O2). Other than switching network everything is the same, i.e. same phone (Motorola G60), same card, same software and definitely not rooted.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

swaefas
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

@MSFThanks for the info - I knew it was a long shot but thought it worth asking.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@swaefas I make contactless payments frequently and on more than one card, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with Smarty.

swaefas
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

@MSFThanks for the info - I knew it was a long shot but thought it worth asking.

Decembersangel
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

Hi @swaefas ๐Ÿ‘‹
I did a quick search for 'Motorola G60 Your device doesn't meet security requirements contactless payments' and this was one answer that I found from 1 month ago:-

' I contacted Motorola and this was their response:
We regret to inform you that your device is no longer Google certified. This issue has recently affected others using the Motorola G60s due to the cessation of security updates as of July 2023. Subsequently, the one-year Google services certificate, which expired exactly one year after on July 2024, will not be renewed as the phone is no longer slated to receive future security updates.
Unfortunately, the only viable solution to this problem is to consider purchasing a new device, preferably one released in 2024 which will ensure ongoing support and certifications.'
https://www.reddit.com/r/motorola/comments/1e2mitg/moto_g60s_google_pay_not_working_due_to_security/

Hope this helps to clarify the 'why'! x

Hi @Decembersangel Thanks for doing my research for me ๐Ÿ™‚. I was so convinced that the only thing that had changed was my network, that I never included the make of phone in my Google search. After the response from @MSF I did that yesterday, and found a similar post to the one you found. I've never thought to look at how long security updates will be maintained when buying a phone, but it's something I'll look out for in the future - 2 years of updates and then a further year before Google drops support is really not very long.

Decembersangel
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

Hi @swaefas 

You are very welcome!
Unfortunately it's not something that crosses our minds when changing handsets but we live and learn ๐Ÿ™„
Glad I could be of some help x