Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding data SIM to account

AJBessent
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hello,

I currently have a family group account which includes my son's phone SIM. I want to get him a second, data only SIM to use in mobile broadband router. However, when I try to add a new SIM to my account, using his email address, it does not allow me to as that email address is already a member of the group. 

However, it is correct that the same email address is applicable for both SIMs, as he will be the user of both, and hence, needs to receive relevant notifications regarding any issues on either SIM .

How can I add this new SIM to my group so that it is associated with the same email address as his phone SIM?

Thanks for the advice.

2 REPLIES 2

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

You can’t, it’s one SIM, one email address. 

Get him to set up another email address, possibly on Gmail or Outlook, then add him to your group

Of course, you can always set up a forwarding rule on the new email address to forward all email to his current address..

Also, Smarty’s terms and conditions do say that mobile broadband is not to be used as a long term replacement for mobile broadband. I guess your definition of long term and Smarty’s may differ, so you may want to check this with a Smarty agent via webchat, as this forum is populated by Smarty users like you and I, so obviously we cannot speak on behalf of Smarty, as we do not work for them. 

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@AJBessent  As @JJP2 says, you need one email address for one sim at present (the issue has been raised before so, who knows, it may be addressed at some point).