cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Activation

woodymogs
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I tried to activate my Smarty sim on Tuesday 4th and waited till the 2 hours had passed but didn't receive an email and the app appeared to be stuck on the 'activating page'.  I contacted CS via the webchat and was eventually assured that my sim would be activated within 24 hours.

I contacted CS again after the obligatory 24 hours and have now been assured that the activation will happen sometime over the forthcoming 24 hours - so 2 full days in total.

I understand that sometimes things can go wrong but I can't help but feel I'm being given the run-around. I've been told the first delay occurred because my connection 'needed de-bugging'; the current delay is because my network connection needs to be 'rebuilt'. I don't particularly mind the wait as I haven't yet terminated my contract with my current operator but I'm less impressed with the explanations I'm being given so would appreciate some feedback, if possible, about the problems apparently association with my account.

7 REPLIES 7

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@woodymogs  Sorry to hear of this problem.

The app still does seem to have some teething problems as far as I can see. Often much better to carry out actions via the web page I think.

woodymogs
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Well I've just looked via the webpage and it just shows 'activating your sim', and that payment was taken yesterday. I'll just have to wait but if it's not sorted by tomorrow I'll ask them to cancel the account.

Thanks for replying.

@woodymogs  Why not have a web chat and get the Support Team to look into it?

woodymogs
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I had a webchat on Tuesday and the CS rep said he'd spoken to technical and the connection needed 'debugging' which would be done within 24 hours. I also had another webchat on Wednesday as the sim still hadn't been activated as promised. On this occasion the webchat was 40 minutes long. The CS rep told me he'd been through to technical again but that the network connection needed to be 'rebuilt'. I asked how long this would take and, yet again, I was assured this would happen later yesterday, or today (Thursday) at the latest. As of 11am I'm still waiting.

@woodymogs That's not great!  Next step: https://smarty.co.uk/complaints unfortunately.

FaithEl_2960499
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

hi i created an account on smarty before actually activating the sim car i had in the phone. what do i do?

@FaithEl_2960499  I'm not sure what the problem is. You log into your account to activate a sim.

Please see: https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/4227220-activating-my-sim