cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

5G is a JOKE

PaulYat_1373305
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

5G is working on my phone but when I use my phone as a hotspot the 5G start freezing and loses connection WHY IS THIS HAPPENING this has to be something to do with smarty BLOCKING US from being able to do this, this isn't just on my phone but my mums phone is doing it aswell

3 REPLIES 3

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

SMARTY plans allow you to hotspot. 
The 5G works well when handset not acting as a hotspot?
What handset have you and your Mum got @PaulYat_1373305

Yes the 5G works well when not using phone as a hotspot but as soon as I try to use my phone as a hotspot things start going wrong, my phone is a Samsung galaxy a90 5G and my mums is a Xiaomi Redmi 10 5G

JodieC
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey @PaulYat_1373305 

I would like to let you know that when using a hotspot, it is common it will affect the level of service you receive. 

If you are connecting straight to a modem then your service would work as normal as modems are designed to handle more than one connection. You are connecting to a phone which is connecting to a modem which mean the level of service is spread between 2 devices which causes delays in the service. 

Although you are on 5G, it is normal for your connection to slow down if you are sharing your data with another device. 

I hope this helps!๐Ÿ˜Š