YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Featured_Post_Phone Competition@1x.jpg

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE

The competition is now closed and we are pleased to announce that 

YulianK_0-1683108219653.png

@about_a_year  is the winner.

Congratulations @about_a_year; check your private messages and reply with your address. 

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow. 

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions. 

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

To celebrate the launch of the SMARTY Community, we are giving you the chance to win a new Honor Magic 4 lite smart phone.

How to enter

To enter the Prize Draw, entrants will need to log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the “Let us know about your favourite bit of tech” article, during the promotion period.

The draw is open from 16th January 2023 until 28th February 2023.

Please answer at least one of the following questions:

• What do you love most about your current devices?
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

The Prize

honor-magic-4-lite-5g-6128gb-negro-libre_11612326_46330944.png

• Key Features of the Honor Magic 4 lite include:
  • 120Hz Screen Refresh Rate
  • 6nm Snapdragon 695 5G Soc - High Performance, Low Power Consumption
  • 66W HONOR SuperCharge - Have 81% Power in Half an Hour
  • 4800mAh Large Battery - A Big Battery Boosts Your Whole Day
  • HONOR RAM Turbo - RAM Extended, Smooth Experience
  • 48MP Rear Triple Camera - Capturing Vivid Moments

https://www.hihonor.com/uk/phones/honor-magic4-lite/

Closing date is 28th February 2023 and we will inform the winner by direct message on site by 7th March 2023.

The SMARTY Community Terms of Use apply to your registration for and use of the SMARTY Community platform. Competition terms can be found here.

1,058 REPLIES 1,058

Morty
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my pad as I can do anything on it

Tenji
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Pixel 6 - It get latest android update, camera is good. It also has a unique look from a phone which stands out in the current smartphone market. The price is very good compare to other mid-range phone, I bought it in 2021 on a black Friday deal, and still it was cheaper.

MarciaTheFerret
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

My current mobile allows me to control several devices. I love that I can schedule my robot hoover, check my pets over the cameras, turn lights on and off and control my TV.

I think the game snake needs to make a comeback.

I'd love to be able to control my car via my phone, not whilst driving, but switch the engine on to keep it warm but without unlocking, get the radio going or my favourite playlist or podcast ready, also, check the stats of the car via my phone, on an app. That would be good.

Andrea_824662
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The thing I love about my phone is the amount of tasks you can do on it. As someone that grew up pre Internet is still amazes me. ☺️

HannahLi_924289
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I'd love to see the Sony Z3 compact updated. I miss having a powerful phone with an excellent camera that was small enough to put in the tiny pockets you find in women's clothes, and light enough that it didn't add noticeable extra weight to any bag.  Small enough to easily use one handed. 5.5 inch screen but not noticeably bigger than the old 4 inch iPhones. Why no super compact smartphones any more? I'd still use mine if the android version could be updated.    My phone these days doesn't perform the same function- it has to be left behind if I don't want to carry a bag, no dedicated camera button to quick launch without using the touch screen, and no camera I've used since (even on modern iPhones) comes close for quality. 

FraserWa_952480
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I would like the old iPads to be updated so I can watch things on a bigger screen and so I can see all the pictures that I took on it. Also so I can save the planet by reusing it.

JohnHol_1598364
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What do you love most about your current devices?

- I have ADHD and struggle with charging and losing tech.
- I have a Samsung m32 with a huge 6000 battery which fast charges and makes it so much easier when I forget as there's always enough there. It's currently cracked but still the screen is massive so I can use large text for reading.
- I bought 10 smart tags for my keys, work fob, passport, wallet - EVERYTHING. They make my life infinitely easier and save me hours a day in searching/putting the house back together, as well as making it much less stressful.
- My earbuds do the same, which for someone that puts them in their pocket and loses everything is a lifesaver. 

Neil
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G - coupled with my smarty SIM it gives me so much browsing and music on the go, either at home or away, at super fast speeds, I really couldn't do without it now.

Tom607
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

120hz refresh rate

Maureen_1307887
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my I phone it's my TV as well as communication  with family and friends 

Tom607
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I like my smart plugs that make my appliances come on automatically 

Fkal
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

A smartphone that can be converted to a wearable watch!

JustinW_1661610
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love my echo show the most because it allows my to connect through video with my elderly grandmother who is in a home abroad. It has the ability for her to activate it but voice controls and also allows me to drop in with that specific function to see how she is doing if I haven’t heard from her in a while. 

HarisGo_1716807
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Love my iPhone as it helps me engaged.

zulfika_1463980
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

New tech for the mobile needs to be better wearable smart devices. I know we have the smart watches but the screen size is so limited and there is only so much you can do. What we need is a phone that can wrap around the wrist and is visible all the time has the full potential of being a watch with information and a phone when taken off. Each panel when worn like a watch could give information like weather, notifications, time/date, and you could answer the call from wearing it.

Nichola_1731669
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

My favourite bits of kit are my iPad and SoundPeat Truengine se earbuds for watching YouTube 

oh and my Smarty unlimited sim of cause😊

AmandaP_1536982
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My current devices are so easy to use and understand, and especially my Smarty sim. I changed to Smarty a couple of months ago and am very happy I did so. 

KadenAE
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my OnePlus because it's optimised for gaming and with SMARTY i can game almost anywhere when I want.

I am looking for a replacement to my phone as its old

Peto_Peter
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

I like my gaming laptop and tv and  my phone lov screen how smooth is

Old tech remake? If my previous phone would have this new 120hz screen I would keep it

Future tech feature the projector so I would project phone on wall 😄

Massi_123
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What do you love most about your current devices?

I love my Iphone pro max for its large screen, long lasting battery and the camera.

TodorDzh_313896
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Great phone and plan make it easy to stream and tether. I watch movies all the time. 

DavidMe_1337347
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my devices to be super fast charging with the latest software updates. My current platform is android 13 and they charge at no less than 65w.  I'd like to see devices be more sustainable,  not so much need to constantly change hardware, but able to update software, even as a pay-per-upgrade.

xavinitram
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

In terms of future features, one area of development in mobile technology is the integration of artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities. This could include things like more advanced voice assistants, better image recognition, and more personalized experiences. Additionally, there is ongoing research in the field of foldable and rollable displays, which could lead to more versatile and portable devices in the future.

DavidMi_1217895
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What I love most about my current phone, is that it does everything in 1 little device. Previously. You had to use a tablet or pc, as an example, banking, shopping , social media, work related tasks to family memories and etc, it’s all in the plan of my hand. 
The classic device would be, MP3 player. They were so small and held so many songs. They were great. 
I would like to see more interaction with AI voice feature on your phone. It would be more interactive, you would be able to have a proper conversation with it, and it could manage a lot of your day to day tasks. To act as your personal assistant.  

IainDav_1035367
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My iphone remains my favourite bit of tech. The camera’s are amazing and I can control everything in my smarthome setup wherever I am in the world. Love it. 

SusanLam_406372
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love that I can have instant chats with friends and family by text, video or voice call. And that I can check news, bank balances and shop so easily.

It would be good if I could share my screen with my TV for example to show family groups my photos and videos on a bigger screen.

For the future it would be so great if my mobile phone could detect health care issues and solutions for me.

nvp1960
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I really like the macro lens on my iPhone 13.  I can take amazing close ups of flowers.

PradeepTa_70485
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The OS version should not be a boundary for any app to work on the device. Because of frequent OS upgrades,  many apps do not support the old device and people have to upgrade their devices in a year or two. we are creating big electronic trash on the earth due to this issue. we need to think about how we can reduce such things...

Caroline_Brigg
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my phone and think it's amazing I have a camera, games, socials, email, music and video all in one device.

I would love to see the completion of the aluminium battery technology for use in mobile phones. They appear to be so powerful you wod never run out of charge ever again. That would be cool not having to remember to charge devices.

EricDemetriou8
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my Chromebook, it's light and has great battery life.

Stephen_1700460
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?  I would like to see VR augmentation to assist with everyday tasks, like HUD personal maps with overlays giving wiki style information, safety hazard alerts, health & fitness tracking etc. All displayed in your field of view without needing to stop your tasks.

AliPople_825860
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Hi, I love my Samsung A52 phone, its camera is good enough to use for all my photos, and they get backed up for me so I cam loose them, and also can order hard copies from any online photo app! Perfect, and easy in today's hectic world! 

Zissou
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My iPhone is my favourite device - still can’t believe I can video call my nephews in different countries basically for free. 

I want to see the pager back in some form! Leave the phone at home but have emergency contact ability.

For future features I want something to be done so as going onto every single website isn’t a miserable experience due to cookie pop-ups.

SharonMo_927536
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I feel so blessed to own a smartphone. I use it for absolutely everything and keep all my important stuff in one place.

MalcolmG_345643
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite bit of tech is my iPhone love Face ID and strong password generator built in memory is not as good as it used to be 

DaveP-1949
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love Finger Print recognition on my pad, I hate that facial is the only recognition available on my iPhone and because of poor eyesight holding device 5 inches from my face, and unable to move the phone away quick enough to capture my blinking face and failing. The Honor Magic4 Lite feature of finger recognition is something I would relish!

GinaJOL_1367577
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

My Fire tablet is the tech I value and use the most (apart from my faithful refurbished laptop - I'm ancient). I can listen to audiobooks, because I can't hold a book to read anymore, and I can get messages, make calls, and do all sorts of stuff which I need and want to do to make life good. pop in a bag and haul it around with me. Easier to view than a phone.
Classic device? A simple cheap computer which would be usable by everyone without worrying about being too tech-savvy. The old BBC computer was ideal. Raspberry pi didn't hack it for me.
(I know it's a program but I'd also like to see a re-issue of Starfish which I used in the 90s for a diary, and all sorts - loved it).
Future of tech? Making it possible to carry on with real life instead of being glued to a tiny screen. If I could have a removable hard disk instead of a brain that would be fantastic, but creepy.

Rach76
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I would love to see the Sony Ericsson w800i reproduced as a smart phone.  Listening to music and podcasts on my phone with Smarty's generous data package gets me through the day and all of my family are now on Smarty having been so impressed with the customer service, coverage and tariff. Thanks 😊!

dazfinlay
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Best consistent bit of tech - other than smart phones - is the eink readers given the long battery life : they were great in lockdown and for portability

Future tech I'm looking forward to are fully driverless cars (safer roads and more efficient for the planet ;if we all use cars per journey rather than own them)

dazfinlay
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

For me the best bit of kit is the e-ink reader (eg kindle) as portable and convenient and long battery life 

I'm looking forward to fully driverless cars though (on a rent per use basis) as safer more convenient and better for the environment