Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Prize Draw] Let us know about your favourite bargain

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

PD_Banner_1st.png

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE - WINNERS 

We are delighted to announce the winners of SMARTY Community Anniversary Prize Draw🎉🥁🏆

• LizSlyfi_756500 
  • IBRAHIM_1329146 
  • ShauneC_1454547 
  • AlphaCh_1188069 
  • YvonneMc_959576 
  • JoshEll_2277220 
  • adilayu_2347091 
  • OCH 
  • yuvrajd_1732908 
  • LedleyH 
  • tonyada_1073593 
  • DB1 
  • NegativeZero 
  • Timothy_1677946 
  • JoeWasse_592205 

Congratulations to our lucky winners! Please check your Community Private Messages inbox for further info.

Thanks to everyone who participated, we have received some wonderful entries! Better luck next time🍀

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours. So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over two thousand posts ! Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

Cut yourself a slice of cake and stick on a party hat, because we're celebrating one whole year of the SMARTY Community 🎉

If this is news for you - where have you been? The Community is the fount of SMARTY knowledge, where anyone can ask, and answer, any question that pops up.

To celebrate an amazing first year, we are giving you the chance to win one of 15 £100 Amazon vouchers.

How can I enter?

Simply log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the "Let us know about your favourite bargain" article, before the draw closes on the 21st of January 2024.

• What was the best bargain you've ever found?
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

The Draw

There are 15 £100 Amazon vouchers up for grabs, that we'll draw using a Random Number Generator, so get your entry in now.

If you are not already part of the Community, fear not - signing up takes seconds once you are there.

Competition terms can be found here.

Best of Luck.

Team SMARTY

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
2,151 REPLIES 2,151

SusanGi_1883805
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

£5 SIM card, best bargain 

LedleyH
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Unlimited mins and textes and 60 gb of data.

My tip for bargains is to look on the app and look for upgrade options literally had 30gb of data , for an extra £2 I get 60gb . This was one of the best bargains I found this year.

RosieWi_2289252
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • What was the best bargain you've ever found? I bought my 50” TV in a Black Friday deal for £140!!
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year? 75% off Ava puppy food from Pets at Home was £52.49 now £13.91!!
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain? Patience, you don’t need something right then and there, don’t fall for the “last one” nonsense!

TobyYap_
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain in recent memory has been the introduction of the £2 bus fare cap across the UK. I used to avoid taking the bus and would walk up to 1.5hours just to avoid the cost of a ticket. Now I take buses more than I walk because they're so good value. 

I volunteer teaching at a building that also serves as a food bank and they always encourage us to take the free food as they get too much of it. Usually it is just the leftovers from cafés and shops that no one wants but today I picked up 4 wedges of brie and a few prosciutto baguettes. Felt like a great bargain to me!

Number one tip for bargains is to go to the shops later in the day. If you catch it at the right time you can get extremely discounted food. Most supermarkets also run a food box scheme to sell off imperfect food at a low price. 

SusanHi_1212905
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I once found a three piece suit for my husband. It was genuine Italian and had never been worn. It still had the real price tag of £350 in the inside pocket. I paid £25. 

richjenn13
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Steer clear of the Big Name providers - I get a SO much better deal form Smarty than anything EE Vodafone and Virgin et al offer

JulieWa_1889141
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best ever bargain - an unlocked smartphone from a supermarket for £20 - the ticket price should have been £120.

Best bargain this year - signing up with Smarty.

Top tip - research Amazon, eBay and Argos for a rough price guide.

Vitalii_2306081
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I use the 8£ for 16gb tariff. Smarty is the most. Affordable operator with excellent 4g and 5g coverage.

Krystin_1173352
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

Getting free items that people are giving away through websites

Hanniebelle
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best advice for finding a bargain is don't impulse buy as you often end up paying too much or being duped by fake discounts. Do your research!

LewisTay_647462
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I’m currently on unlimited data, calls and text for £20

kylesumm_802121
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

ive been with Smarty couple of years now and ive never ran out of data had no reason to contact them its the best one ive been with would recommend Smarty to anyone five star service from me 

Vegan-Guy
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I went in to Maplin's and they had a £1 'reject bucket' full of items that had been returned 'faulty'.  Some weren't worth much but there was a radio in there that I knew was worth £99.99.  It was labelled 'faulty'.  I'm willing to take a chance like that for £1.  I got it home and unsurprisingly, it didn't work.  It didn't even switch on.

So I unscrewed the radio and found one single wire that was lose.  I soldered it in place and closed the radio.  Voilà.  It worked perfectly. 

LeBug1992
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain I've found? I got a waterproof jacket from The North Face in an outlet store. 

RRP £200, went to £100 in the outlet, then final reduction to £50. 50% off weekend brought it down to £25

My advice is to be patient and check sites and shops at random times, not just when you actually want to buy something as you may find something you weren't expecting. 

Also shop out of or end of season, so winter jackets in spring. Swimwear in autumn etc 

marcella_424824
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain was £10 a month for 60GB down from £30 month for 4GB!

FionaCohn_32564
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I bought a Gina Fratini (Italian Designer) pure silk hand sewn dress in mint condition in a charity shop for £99.  I thought it was a lot of money until I found out that new - you would have needed to spend more than £1000 for one of her dresses new.  I've worn it at least once a year for the last 29 years!

ScottWh_1332409
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Smarty is the best bargain I've ever found. 

Best bargain was a dining set from a free website. 

Number 1 tip, save money and buy things for cash rather than credit. 

MichaelS_102915
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain ever “My now wife saying yes to a degenerate like me!”

best bargain this year “cabin for two in ski resort for 300 euros the week”

Number one tip for a bargain”Hard work looking at all the options”

TerryFung
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I brought 100GB £12 for last year 

Winkylo
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have great offer on 32gb for £8. Good deal.

AndyWILL_695205
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

bags of veg at Lidl each 15p, just before xmas, bought loads, used them for xmas dinner and NY dinner then made lots of veg soup and froze it. 

PhilipB_1867712
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year? Discount bread 

DavTran
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain was my hi tech Drone only used once like new  👍😊 if you search long enough you WILL find great bargains out there happy hunting folks 👀

ricong
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

£6 for 6Gb a month, great.

Cristia_2291149
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What was the best bargain you've ever found?

Bought a pc CPU i7-8700k for £52, last year I know it doesn't sound amazing but when you actually go out there and look at what price they sell... 

What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?

Went into my smarty app and seen a big banner giving me 20 extra GB of data each month for a year free of charge and it then reverts back to normal after that without ever charging me anything. I was on 100 GB now I'm on 120GB. Never seen a carrier do that, and if they did you'd have to give away all your data and info just for a chance to get an extra bread crumb that comes with 500 sneaky ToS .

I was actually amazed it was so clear, big banner to see, and no sneaky fineprint charges, or stuff like " and then we'll keep charging you more automatically " like other carriers do (EE are a prime example), greedy greedy corporation.

What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

I don't really have tips, just try to lowball until the seller gives you a middle ground. Or just use smarty, where you get everything at the price of nothing.

HusamAz_2059445
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What was the best bargain you've ever found? My wife.

What was the best bargain you've bagged this year? OnePlus 11

What is your number one tip for getting a bargain? Use HotUKDeals

Stephen_1207931
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Shop around, including offline.

DecK
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

One of the best bargains I found was Halford's Bicycle Trade In; bring in your old bike for 20% off a new one. The great thing about this deal is that practically every town has someone near you selling a second hand bike for next to no money, so you can buy a barely rideable bike for a tenner, take it to Halfords and get £100 off a brand new £500 bike.

I assume Halfords figured out this was more than a bit generous as they've since stopped putting that deal on. The bike I bought is still going strong though 4 years later, so definitely a bargain.

AaditGarg
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Love smarty! Great deals.

AnthonyWa_35648
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Buy back of unused data 

Cl_135029
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

1. Best bargain ever?
Oh, definitely my bike I found at a garage sale.  It's been my go-to for everything since then. Such a useful mode of transport and fitness.

2. Best bargain this year?
 Got to be the headphones I snagged in an online sale. They were like 40% off! As someone who's always plugged into music, they've been a game-changer. Help with fitness and studying and staying focused.

3. Top tip for a bargain? Just do your research research research before buying anything. I always compare prices and wait for timely special offers, avoids clutter and wasted purchases. 

PigletInWellies
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie
  • What was the best bargain you've ever found? Sample sale designer skirt 
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year? My smarty phone deal 
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain? Dedicate some time to hunt for the best deal for you, don't just go for the first option that pops up

LeoSear_2427093
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain was flying coast to coast across USA on Delta, to whatever destination we chose, on as many flights as we wanted, within 30 days – all for only £250.

KeithBo_1224144
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain was getting my Smarty sim with 100gb of date having been with EE for a long time.

Sorrowstouch
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain ever? I got a Garmin smart watch for £30 because of a price glitch! This year I brought a £80 hot wheels city for my son for £40 haha and my top is make wishlists and use comparison sites! Sorry for not putting smarty but I still love it! 

Guillem_1787816
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain I found in 2023 was a  Lego Creationary for £5 worth £25-30 in a charity shop

MartinR_1923072
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Changing from my old network to smarty saves me ££ every month and have great signal everywhere I go.  Definitely a bargain of 2023

SimonDal_382213
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Great service and good value

AlanWil_1754010
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My monthly fee is not only frozen for 2023 its now been frozen until 2025 Great Bargain

JamesGa_2018071
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain: a 2nd hand shed on E-Bay for 99p .

Best Bargain this year: like new £25 cookery book from charity shop for £1. 

Number one tip for getting a bargain: look for misspelt or wrongly listed/titled items, as others unlikely to bid for them.