Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Prize Draw] Let us know about your favourite bargain

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

PD_Banner_1st.png

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE - WINNERS 

We are delighted to announce the winners of SMARTY Community Anniversary Prize Draw🎉🥁🏆

• LizSlyfi_756500 
  • IBRAHIM_1329146 
  • ShauneC_1454547 
  • AlphaCh_1188069 
  • YvonneMc_959576 
  • JoshEll_2277220 
  • adilayu_2347091 
  • OCH 
  • yuvrajd_1732908 
  • LedleyH 
  • tonyada_1073593 
  • DB1 
  • NegativeZero 
  • Timothy_1677946 
  • JoeWasse_592205 

Congratulations to our lucky winners! Please check your Community Private Messages inbox for further info.

Thanks to everyone who participated, we have received some wonderful entries! Better luck next time🍀

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours. So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over two thousand posts ! Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

Cut yourself a slice of cake and stick on a party hat, because we're celebrating one whole year of the SMARTY Community 🎉

If this is news for you - where have you been? The Community is the fount of SMARTY knowledge, where anyone can ask, and answer, any question that pops up.

To celebrate an amazing first year, we are giving you the chance to win one of 15 £100 Amazon vouchers.

How can I enter?

Simply log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the "Let us know about your favourite bargain" article, before the draw closes on the 21st of January 2024.

• What was the best bargain you've ever found?
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

The Draw

There are 15 £100 Amazon vouchers up for grabs, that we'll draw using a Random Number Generator, so get your entry in now.

If you are not already part of the Community, fear not - signing up takes seconds once you are there.

Competition terms can be found here.

Best of Luck.

Team SMARTY

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
2,125 REPLIES 2,125

samanthata_4106
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I like to use Lidls to good to go veg boxes. £1.50 for around £10 worth of vegetables and I have fun inventing meals from the random selection, every box is different. Don't rule out food because it's close to the "date"; it wasn't grown with a date printed on it.

WhattheFunk
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain for me is 60GB for £10. That is 30GB with an extra 30GB add on for free! 

FrankS1
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The best bargain I found was my deal on Smarty, £10 for 50gb and unlimited calls and txts.

JodieWh_1328549
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I have 4 120gb sim cards with smarty. I pay £10.80 each because i have multiple sims. Which is brilliant and affordable 😊

MennaDa_875589
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

i am on 30gb for £10 but smarty upgraded me to 60gb for the same price!!

TahirAl_1022874
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Data is well cheap w bargain

Cristia_1679500
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The best bargain last year was the 30gb for just 10£

Earth_Narut
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I usually use 5GB for £5 as I have tight budget. With Smarty,I can save more by paying only £4 but get 16GB which I can do a lot more than before. Thanks Smarty!

Hw312131
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My best bargain was joining Smarty at £5 a month for 4gb data and unlimited data and texts  is enough for me. 
My best bargain this year was a lovely long winter coat in the sale at M and S. reduced from £76 to £16. 
my tip for bagging a bargain is keep alert and don’t delay if you you see a bargain as it won’t hang around. 

good luck 🤞 🍀

DRP
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

Never pay list price online - there's nearly always a discount or voucher code that's valid out there an use Google Shopping to find the best priced retailer in the first place.

AdrianW_1984690
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My best bargain was an AEG cooker on Black Friday, saved over £500!

Protyus_2400665
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Half price deals are the best

Yv0nn3W1mb
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain ever: flights for pence rather than pounds back in the day!! Total cost of return to Venice for two - less than £15!! 
Best bargain this year: Xmas wrapping paper - 3 rolls plus labels for 99p instead of £8!

Tips: download and use Olio App for free food - just found that but as yet not used. You get food from Tesco’s etc which will be on its final date and in the lead up to closing time. 

AndreeaI_742096
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I've found an airfryer in the bargain section, now I cook everything in it, saves time and the food is delicious. 

reray07
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • I stumbled upon an amazing offer for a high-end graphics card, diligently searching through online forums, monitoring promotions, and ultimately securing a significant discount. This savvy shopping not only enhanced the gaming rig but also saved me nearly 200 pounds.
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?
  • In the first few weeks of this year, my best bargain was scoring a pair of Nike Air shoes from JD Sports, saving me about 50 pounds. It's already shaping up to be a smart start to my year in terms of great deals!
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?
  • Keep an eye on promotions and compare prices across different stores; it's my go-to for snagging great bargains.

ginger_1637719
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

my deal is £5 for 2GB data only

RobSpark_524442
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

My absolute best bargain is 60gb of data for £10 a month double what I signed up for and so useful.  Getting on a Smarty tariff is one of my best decisions ever.

Peto_Peter
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

I have all unlimited just for £15 a month 

Random1za
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Number one tip for getting a bargain; food waste apps! You can get nice food from cafes and takeout places for like 70% off - I always use them!

Jacquie_1430803
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My black Friday deal that gives me 32GB data for the same price

Peterb4758
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

£6 a month for 5gb data, unl mins and txts is an absolute bargain.

Nim_133212
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain this year is my winter coat! I managed to get it for £70 down from £180 by looking out for the sales and extra offers off. I bought it each time I saw it come down in price and returned the others! 😂

Tips: use Honey to bag the best bargains and discount codes! 

2nd best bargain - Smarty Black Friday getting me 15gb for same price as 8gb!

Earth_Narut
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I usually used less data as I have a tight budget which was 5GB for £5. With Smarty, I can save more and do more. Just £4 for 16GB. Thanks Smarty!

YusufKh_2009672
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Dear Yulian,

• What was the best bargain you've ever found?  Getting a Garmin Instinct 2 watch a £100 cheaper. 
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year? I'm still looking for one so hoping this voucher could be it. 😁
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain? Look around, don't rush into buying and be patient.  
    Many thanks,

Dronernator
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Currys this week, while waiting for staff to fetch a click & collect order, found 2 packs of Joby camera/phone mount hear for £41. Joby current price £235.

Not really a deal but still available. My wife & I each had a dormant Chase bank account. Switched them to First Direct, moved £1,000 into my account, moved it back. Moved it to my wife's account, moved it back. Both of us got £175 as a thank you for switching.

SarahNe_1836007
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Number 1 tip for getting a bargain - monitor the market over time and know how much the product costs and how it changes over time. Also know the value of the product to you/how much you are willing to pay. That way, even if it drops lower after you buy, you know you still got a bargain because you paid a price that had value to you. 

Dronernator
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

mount Gear....

RobertAl_149629
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I like gadgets and the best bargain was an android TV box I bought during COVID. £30 and it let me do zoom through the TV, kids watched iPlayer, we watched prime movies, and we still use it. 

JaneWau_1516050
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

8 gb  for £7 a month . Plus free roaming on the EU. Can't beat  Smarty. 

International calling very cheap and convenient too. Easy App. 

KarenRed_539080
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I got a dress that was originally £110 It was tagged at £10 . When I got to the till the assistant told me it was a wrong tag but the manager said they had to let me have it at that price because that’s what it said on the tag. Bargain!!!

SimonBo_1296143
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

A genuine baroque wall mirror I found at cheddar car boot for £5!

AdamColl_607118
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Getting upgraded to 60gb for the same price as my previous 30gb 🙂

Jacquel_2041375
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain this year  is my smarty package. Best tip for grabbing a bargain is to research all offers

RobSpark_524442
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Getting £180 part exchange from Peter Tyson for my 5 year old Denon AV receiver against a new one that was already £120 cheaper than their nearest competitor. A great price from a company that gives great service, job done!!

Peterb4758
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

£6 for 5gb data and unl mins and texts is an absolute bargain.

AdamColl_607118
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Being upgraded to 60gb for no extra fee from 30gb!

ShaunBa_1638159
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • When I found a pair of van trainers in the charity shop for only £1.50 in mint condition, after looking online how much they are worth. Turns out they are worth over £90.00. Wow!

SusanGi_1883805
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

£5 SIM card, best bargain 

LedleyH
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Unlimited mins and textes and 60 gb of data.

My tip for bargains is to look on the app and look for upgrade options literally had 30gb of data , for an extra £2 I get 60gb . This was one of the best bargains I found this year.

RosieWi_2289252
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • What was the best bargain you've ever found? I bought my 50” TV in a Black Friday deal for £140!!
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year? 75% off Ava puppy food from Pets at Home was £52.49 now £13.91!!
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain? Patience, you don’t need something right then and there, don’t fall for the “last one” nonsense!