cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Open Discussion] What’s the best bit of tech you’ve bought recently?

George
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

I’m a huge tech fan. So thought I’d start a thread to see if anyone has bought anything cool recently! 

I’ll kick things off. 

I know a lot of people buy super expensive wireless headphones. But I bought this pair of these JLab Sports Go (Headphones) for £30, and I have to say I’m chuffed! 

Why do I think they’re great: 

• Well, they were £30 not hundreds like some other options 
  • They stay in my ears when I exercise thanks to the comfortable hook design 
  • The audio is good enough - Not Apple Air Pods quality, but good enough 
  • The mic for calls is surprisingly useable 
  • The battery life is crazy good - I’m talking almost 2 days of heavy use 

I’ve attached some pic’s below in case anyone's interested. 

Look forward to hearing about everyone’s recommendations 😃! 

Screenshot 2022-12-16 140715.jpgScreenshot 2022-12-16 140741.jpg

51 REPLIES 51

Bidi
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I've been using my Netgear Nighthawk M1 mobile router for a few months and can't fault it. 

• Mobile broadband at home and while out and about. 
  • Internet access without a landline. 
  • Runs my laptop, tablet and other wifi gear. 
  • Fast Gigabit download speed. 
  • Stable. 
  • Easy to set up and use. 

I use it with a Smarty data only SIM. 

There are cheaper Mifi routers but I don't mind paying for quality kit. Money well spent. 

20231113_174907.jpg

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Looks like a great piece of kit, thanks for sharing @Bidi 

JeanO
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Thanks for sharing this information. I have a pair of Apple Air Pods Pro and one of them isn’t working properly so I’ll invest in the JLabs instead. 

DamienG_2195313
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

When it comes to my most valued and most used item that's made the biggest possitive change in both my day to day and gaming time and being more productive while using my phone has to be my new upgrade well I say new but its been a few months since I got my 512gb version of the s23ultra this fone is one capable beast and has changed hoe and what I use on and for my mobile a real upgrade that makes everything else smoother and more manageable both in entertainment and in productivity value it's changed my whole relationship I have with my mobile love it so much

1000001548.jpg

Hristin_1853347
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My latest phone 1+ on Amazon. Great deal and amazing specs for a budget smart phone. 

fi_holli
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Echo dot is the best. It answers all of my stupid questions and you can even ask it to make continuous fart sounds on other people's devices.

GrahamBl_296767
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best buy a Wavlink USB Dual Bay SATA HDD/SSD docking station at £23.19. This device allowed me to copy Windows 11 from my Toshiba HDD in my laptop to a Crucial SSD, thus speeding up startup on my HD laptop.

Lorrain_1025468
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Enjoying my Alexa auto 

Michael_2408837
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I bought my first pad several months ago. It was the first OnePlus Pad and well worth the investment. Great specs and very fast. Looks wonderful too and performs really well. 

Munnychoudhury-
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The best tech that I've recently got is my new Samsung 14 mobile phone. Its a brilliant cost effective phone for a really reasonable price. 

M. Choudhury

Liquadia49
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Smarty is the best but of mobile tech I purchased recently, so far better than the other providers.

1000001488.jpg

 my download speeds are fantastic and in a 5g area as shown in the image above.  Using a Samsung a54 5g great.  Really happy with it and smarty allowing me to interface with the rest of the world with no restrictions.  Happy times.

Lawrenc_2661529
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My most recent big tech purchase was a steam deck. It's allowed me to get back into a few gashes and it's an incredibly portable computer. Well worth the money.