cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi is slow

ConnorN_2391708
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

My area is good for wifi but ever since they had a satellite down early last year and no matter who I switch too no matter where I go I get 1000s in my ping I'm a professional content creator and I need good speeds on my phone to avoid a land line cost and hassle, either way if not working I still find it loads YouTube and Google in minutes and I have to wait a considerable amount of time when I've paid for fast network speeds at over 20mbs I'm getting kbs and barely half a mb to be honest, is there a way to cover cornwall in reliable fast wifi I don't think SMARTY have your back it's just another £20pm for unlimited everything I could go cheaper but I'm lazy here's a heard of cows smarty you should milk them and profit.

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@ConnorN_2391708  Do you mean that you have a poor mobile signal? Wifi comes from your router surely.

Smarty don't guarantee any speed anywhere. For many of us, it works just fine and we find it good value. It is an unfortunate fact of life that some people will not get a decent signal from the network in their area.

Also don't forget that Smarty don't run the network - that is down to Three.

If you are a professional user then this is probably not the network for you because the T&C's make it clear that they do not supply businesses.

It may be an idea to researchable of the networks and find who can offer a good signal where you are and then find the cheapest.

The great thing about a network like Smarty is that you are tied in no longer than a month.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

For professional content creation, perhaps using a land-based broadband service might be faster and more reliable than wireless solutions, @ConnorN_2391708

It's not that man , I do pay for a promised 20mbps. On my data plan so it is a responsibility for customers to have an average speed when used this is contact based and I don't see a fulfilment,  all I need is 2-3 mbps to work on my YouTube fine does streaming and games and I've had that kind of set up before but this is the first time in my experience where I'm getting kps and it's not just down to who owns the network where Three might run the wifi there should be a case of my customers are nor getting the Contracted speed we promised to provide such as the unlimited, I would love some team work here cuz if I choose smarty it's £10 cheaper than BT I'd rather pay for the extra and move on but if you want to have happy supportive customers deliver on the contract or I'll just leave and give a bad review it's not like smarty is major big time choice of the consumer .

@ConnorN_2391708  

1. No data speed is totally guaranteed.

2. Please read T&C's 4.6 & 4.7 regarding what is 'contracted'

3. As already mentioned, smarty do not deal with commercial customers.

4.It is bound to be a problem promising your own customers something over which you do not have direct control.