cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wi-fi calling suddenly working

Dducks22
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I've posted here before about not being able to get wi-fi calling on a Moto G54. Well suddenly I can. Just what I needed to save me from the tedious business of swapping networks. But the Moto G54 is still not on the compatibility list. I'm curious to know how an MVNO decides to implement wi-fi calling on a particular mobile model and how it publicises that decision. It all seems very hit and miss. Are there technical problems?

3 REPLIES 3

JodieC
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey @Dducks22 

Thank you for making us aware of this! I will be sure to inform the technical team of this to get the Wi-Fi-calling compatibility list updated. 

I am happy to know you are able to use this feature!

Jodie

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Perhaps a recent Android version update, or a monthly Android security update have caused WiFi Calling to start working with your Moto G54 - happy days, @Dducks22.  

jamescutts
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Thanks for the info!

I'm also having similar Wifi calling woes, there seems to be no real rhyme or reason to the very sporadic and patchy support. I'd love it if the SMARTY team could just document the technical requirements for it, Is it a specific Android version, patch level etc?