cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

why are you blocking kingo root servers

lukefow_2236187
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

when i try to use kingo root on a smarty data connection it does not work, if i switch to another internet connection it immediately starts working

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@lukefow_2236187 Don't know anything about this, so decided to Google it. Looks like there are many doubts about security - I wonder if that may be the reason?

lukefow_2236187
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

i have never opted into any malware site blocking so i shuld have a normal connection with no filtering

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey  lukefow_2236187

If you contact our customer care team they can check your account and assist you directly https://smarty.co.uk/contact available daily from 8am โ€“ 8pm.

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Because people know not to touch โ€œKingorootโ€ as itโ€™s malware ?! 

Pop across to Redditโ€™s r/androidroot subreddit and you will see this warning :

โ€œA mention of KingRoot, KingoRoot, iRoot, vRoot, OneClickRoot, TowelRoot or some form of those 5 have been detected. These apps and apps like them are known throughout the community as spyware and should NOT be used except for special circumstances. If you have used one of these apps it is strongly recommended that you flash the factory image for your device. Even if you plan to replace it with another app, it cannot be trusted as it has already been given root access.โ€

You have installed spyware on your phone, which is why the servers have been blocked. If you ever did successfully manage to remove the adult content bar on your phone, expect to receive messages to that effect, asking you to pay an amount of bitcoin to stop images on your phone being released to your contacts. A total con of course, but your phone is now a bigger virus than Covid. 

You can try the following :

โ€

Small note, you don't need to install TWRP to reflash the original Rom, your better off using Odin/Heimdall to directly flash the original firmware then going through the proper root method of unlocking the bootloader > installing TWRP > installing Magisk. (Also note you can install Magisk directly to the recovery partition using the magisk manager app and providing it the correct firmware file). Original Samsung roms can be downloaded using a tool such as Frija

Spyware such as Kingroot that has successfully installed itself into /system or /boot won't be removed in the normal root process. Reflashing is requiredโ€

OR use the phone as a doorstop.