cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When would now be a great time for Smarty E-sim?

KevinBr_1935982
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

After having the wife’s ex business hand me downs iPhones for as long as I can remember I finally invested in the latest iPhone 15 pro max as have three mobile numbers for Greek UK banking and general use and fed up carrying three phones around.

so Greek and UK Vodafone e-sim set up no problem and down to two phones now, good start. However, I never even thought that not so SMARTY haven’t bothered to keep up with a name like Smarty!

it’s a pity as now need to find another supplier so I can be better organized with very important projects to manage from my new toy. :0(

2 REPLIES 2

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@KevinBr_1935982 I think that you are highlighting something that has been mentioned a number of times in posts here.

If an e-sim is really important to you then Smarty will not suit your needs. I would go as far as suggesting that not many people need three mobile numbers.

Now for whatever reason (but most likely linked to the profit bottom-line) Smarty have decided not to go down the e-sim route right now.

For many customers (maybe the majority?) an e-sim is only really useful when out of the EU. Smarty provides a cheap and possibly pared-down service that meets the needs of many people - if that were not the case, they would presumably already have gone bust!

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@MSF has summed up the situation well.

Also, don’t forget they even if Smarty offered eSIM, only two SIMs be active at any one time, be that 1 Physical SIM and 1 eSIM or 2 eSIMs, so one of your three numbers will always be off at any one time. Yes, you can of course toggle between them, but one will always be off. So, if you want all three numbers to be active all the time, you will still need two phones.