cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

When I reactivate my plan can I use it quite soon or does it activate on the previous monthly cycle

ChrisSe_1165309
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

My plan previously renewed on the 28th each month, I then paused it for a short while. When I reactive it (on say the 10th) is it activated within a day or two with a new monthly renewal day or is the plan inactive until the following 28th.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ChrisSe_1165309 Sorry, I thought that my reply of 10;48 today did make that clear.

The relevant date is when you start the plan so, if you start on the 8th of this month, renewal would be due on the 8th of next month. If you choose not to renew (i.e. turn off auto renew) until 25th of next month, then that would be the activation date and the plan would last for one month from then.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@ChrisSe_1165309 Once the payment is cleared, the plan should be active within a short time but Smrty say it can take up to 2 hours.

Thanks. But does the plan renew on the monthly anniversary of the reactivation date or use the day of the original plan. i.e. If renewed on the 10th does the monthly cycle then run from 10th to 10th the next month. Or does it renew on the 28th as per the original plan.

@ChrisSe_1165309 As I see it, your plan will start on the day you purchase it and, if set to auto-renew, will renew monthly that day - as in your example.

The original plan that you had (and did not renew) no longer becomes relevant.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@ChrisSe_1165309  The only time you would have an issue is if the original plan that you didn't renew was on a special offer. In that case, you would not be eligible for that price when you start again - you would get the current best price.

ChrisSe_1165309
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Thanks for replying, however my query was not related to the hours delay after activation nor to any special offer. But it would helpful to know if the monthly renewals are based on the new renewal date. Take for example a contract that renewed each month on the 8th. If it is allowed to pause for (say) 5 weeks and reactivated on the 15th. Do the auto-renewals automatically run 15th to 15th every month/?

@ChrisSe_1165309 Sorry, I thought that my reply of 10;48 today did make that clear.

The relevant date is when you start the plan so, if you start on the 8th of this month, renewal would be due on the 8th of next month. If you choose not to renew (i.e. turn off auto renew) until 25th of next month, then that would be the activation date and the plan would last for one month from then.

Thank you for clarifying. I was confused by 10:48 as I perceived my contract originally started on the 28th. Its good to know that the new renewal date becomes the new activation date.