Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Voicemail issue

Emmanue_1314571
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hello,
People who call me cannot leave me a voice message; they hear "Impossible to connect your call. Please try later". It's like my voicemail is off (the support tell me it is on). Still, I think I set up it right.
Given that this has been going on for months, that chat support in India is telling me nonsense, what solution do you suggest? I'm confused and angry.
Is there an email to make a complaint?
Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Have you tried the following @Emmanue_1314571?

1. Use web chat, and ask SMARTY to TURN OFF your voicemail.
  2. Wait 2-3 days.
  3. Use web chat, and ask SMARTY to TURN ON your voicemail.

If that fails, you can request SMARTY call you back to discuss your complaint by calling 0333 338 1054.

SMARTY say they'll call you back within 3 business days.

Hello,
Thank you for your reply.
TURN OFF, TURN ON voice mail: This has been done several times without fixing the issue.
I sent a complaint which I hope will be successful.

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey  Emmanue_1314571

I am sorry you have been having issues, It might be that you need to set up your Voicemail.

Setting up is easy, the recording will take you through each step:
1- Dial 123 from your SMARTY SIM

2- Choose a PIN

3- Select # and confirm.

4- Record your name

You can change your name recording whenever you want in your mailbox settings.

Thanks for the answer, but if it was that simple, I wouldn't have asked the question here.

Have you recently ported in a number from another network? Does your phone settings show the correct number?

None of that.
Extract of the complaints answer: "I have raised this with my technical team as there seems to be an unknown error causing this".
Now it takes patience and finding a competent person to take care of the problem.

Good luck getting your issue resolved @Emmanue_1314571. Sounds like SMARTY haven't done a great job so far.

I've found online web chat support is often frustrating, and a waste of time. I've needed to get the support team supervisor, or make a complaint, just to get a service/technical issue looked into and resolved. I feel there's room for improvement. 
๐Ÿ€๐Ÿคž

I'm not sure voicemail setup works this way, if you've switched your number to SMARTY.
I wasn't able to setup my voicemail this way after switching my number to SMARTY.