cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Voice call in USA

KevinLe_2165075
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Help, I am unable to make a voice call in the USA, but I can an SMS. I have purchased an out of plan add on and set my roaming on my Android phone. The APN appears correct also. But the call is ended immediately. What have I not done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KevinLe_2165075
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Found it. For all USA travellers, switch off automatic network selection for your Smarty SIM and make sure AT&T is not selected. As they do not appear to work. I selected T-Mobile and it worked perfectly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

KevinLe_2165075
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Found it. For all USA travellers, switch off automatic network selection for your Smarty SIM and make sure AT&T is not selected. As they do not appear to work. I selected T-Mobile and it worked perfectly.

Will also work on Verizon, at least it did for me in Phoenix earlier this year. 

Depending on the length of your stay, you may wish to look at the plans from these MVNOโ€™s , who all offer eSIM if you have an eSIM compatible phone :

Mint Mobile, an MVNO on T-Mobile. Can only buy plans for periods of 3, 6, or 12 months, not monthly. (Formerly owned by Ryan Reynolds, AKA โ€œDeadpoolโ€ but recently sold to T~Mobile)

Tello - MVNO on T-Mobile. Offers monthly plans.

US Mobile - Their eSIM defaults to Verizon, but their physical SIM card kit comes with two SIM cards - Black, which connects to Verizon, and White, which connects to T-Mobile. You choose the SIM  card that offers you the best coverage. Offers monthly plans.