cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using another phone to receive 2FA codes

Michael_1839299
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi, first post here, so probably missed a trick or two.  I only use Smarty for data with a 5G box

Access to email is limited, so is access to the SMS feature of the 5G box, I would like to be able

to nominate my second mobile as a confirmation code receive device, other providers I have used do allow such features, but I can find no way to trigger that here...

Thanks..

5 REPLIES 5

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

I've got a SIM with a data only plan, and my 2FA code is sent to my nominated email address.

Sounds like your 5G plan's a standard plan with allowances for calls, texts and data - can you change it to a data only plan? That might solve the issue.

FYI, I asked SAMRTY for an option to nominate an alternative method for 2FA when I joined, and started using my data only plan. I believe my request was added to a wish-list for the dashboard - we'll see.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Not sure if I have misunderstood, but here goes.....

Are you looking to use the second sim for two-step verification codes that many organisations send out to verify that it is you signing in?

If so, can you not simply quote the second mobile number as your main contact? This is the case for those who are using landline broadband.

Apologies if I have not understood.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

I replied to this topic yesterday.
My community account shows I made a post but my post is not shown as a reply for this topic.
Any ideas @MSF

Okay @MSF - bizarrely my initial community email address never received any of the verification email messages for my community account.
To resolve this I've had to change the email (in My Settings) and verify using an alternative email address.
Any ideas why "csi.com" domain is not receiving verification email messages from the SMARTY community?
TIA.

Sorry @Chalkychap , but this has exceeded my level of incompetence!🙄

Is it perhaps worth having a web chat with Support who are also able to look into your account to see if there are any glitches?

Hope it gets sorted.